Lens Hood

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lens Hood

Does anyone know if there is a lens hood for the EOS M 18-55 lens?
    The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Re: Lens Hood

Don't know about a purchase one, but if your desperate you could always try printing one of your own.

Clicky
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Comment

I would have thought that it would say so somewhere in the literature that comes with it. Failing that what about one of the old rubber collapseable ones that screw in to the filter thread?

Comment

Thanks DeeGee and collywobbles, I popped in to Wex and they do in fact have the Canon EW-54 Lens hood for EF-M 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens.

I did fancy your suggestion DeeGee of printing one. An alternative may be to make one from a page out of the EOS mag, but that wouldn't be right would it?
        The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Originally posted by JaKS_Foto View Post
          Thanks DeeGee and collywobbles, I popped in to Wex and they do in fact have the Canon EW-54 Lens hood for EF-M 18-55mm f3.5-5.6 IS STM Lens.

I did fancy your suggestion DeeGee of printing one. An alternative may be to make one from a page out of the EOS mag, but that wouldn't be right would it?
          Glad you found one. I was just coming back to suggest printing one and then transfering the pattern to some thin plastic.
          Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
            Glad you found one. I was just coming back to suggest printing one and then transfering the pattern to some thin plastic.
            I'm trying to get my hands on a 3D printer at work ... now in theory that can print a lenshood directly ... thanks Di you've given me an idea ;-) Laser scan an existing one and 3D print a clone ...

Comment

Working...
            X