Something different- SHOES

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Something different- SHOES

Last weekend, I drove down to a little village called Ruthin where they had an exhibition of shoes, donated by the good and famous. For security reasons only singles were on display as the items were being auctioned for a Cancer charity. These pics were all taken with my little G7.

(i) Black (brogue) donated by the Most Rev Justin Welby (Archbishop); worn regularly and also when installed as Bishop of Durham & Archbishop of Canterbury.

(ii) Leopard print kitten heel court shoe worn by Rt.Hon.Theresa May

(iii) Boot worn by the Ven Chris Potter,Archdeacon of St.Asaph on his 705 mile pilgrimage to Santiago de Compostela in 2009.

(iv) Afghan embroidered boot (6)from the Hindu Kush & Afghan walking boot(7) from the same region.

(v) Lightweight shoe worn by Paul Maelor (St.Asaph born composer) as he travelled to tell his family that he had received the commision to compose "Ubi Caritas" for the Royal wedding (William & Kate)

Last edited by Nathaniel; 30-07-2013, 13:20.
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Something different- SHOES

Certainly unusual, Nat. The timing's rather poignant; especially Chris Potter's shoe, considering his destination's been in the news all week as the site of that terrible train crash.
    I'm the first to rush to help people, yet it's not okay to respond to a misinformed remark. You don't deserve my custom, patronage or help, so taking it elsewhere.

Comment

Glad you found these of interest- out of the ordinary subject matter.
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Interesting set Nat. Seems you put a lot of sole into those images.

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom. Is it "soul" or "sole"?

Comment

Probably the 1st soul Nat

Tom

Comment

I'm sorry 'Brown Shoes Dont Make It'
              Zappa and musicians playing Brown Shoes Don't Make It in Munich, 1979-03-31. Soundboard recording.Frank Zappa - lead guitar, lead vocals, band leaderIke Will...

Comment

Ha! Ha! Robin. Brown shoes seemed to be the vogue when our full suited world cup Rugger and Ashes winners met the Prime Minister for their respective functions.

Comment

Working...
                X