Canon G15 camera case

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon G15 camera case

This might be a daft question but I wonder whether anyone has suggestions or has got a case for this camera which will also accept the filter adaptor in situ i.e with the filter adaptor in place. I am not looking for a small gadget bag as I have quite a few spares. I also find that with a camera case in place, the G15 is a nice fit for my hands; without a case it feels a little too small esp being used to DSLR's, plus the additional protection it gives.

Thanks.

Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Canon G15 camera case

Nat - I have a brand new Samsonite 'Trekking Premium DFV 33', which may be OK - if you want it its youres for free.
    R

Comment

Whoops - just done a test - it wont fit

Comment

Thanks for the offer Robin. Don't worry. I have a G1X case which I bought before I returned the camera (G1X)to the seller. This case fits OK but not exactly a perfect fit as it is a bit on the big side. So I have ordered a case for the G15 and I intend removing the front piece of the case and replacing it with the front piece of the G1X case. This should serve the purpose, I hope. From all this you will gather that I intend leaving the filter adaptor in situ in the case. I am also going away on hols this weekend and I hope to give the G15 a good work out. Any problems I hope you don't mind my picking your brains & other G15 owners.

It has been a learning curve for me first by reading up on the G1X and now the G15- the ageing brain doesn't absorb information as quickly as before!!
        Last edited by Nathaniel; 12-09-2013, 11:48.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Have a great holiday Nat. I hope you enjoy using the G15

Comment

Nathaniel, I can't comment on the filter adaptor/case issue as I don't have either on my G1X (yet), but I had the "proper" Canon case on my G11 and it was superb (if expensive).

I would think you won't have much problem adjusting to the G15 "in the field" if you researched the G1X - I found the move from my G11 to the G1X very "intuitive" (I think that's the word). One reason I've stuck to Canon cameras - they have a distinct "common" feel.

Edit: ps - have a great holiday

Comment

Thanks Roberto. Yes, I am also familiar with the Canon lay out having used a G7 for about a year, as well as the DSLR. Yes, there is that familiar feel with the Canon controls and buttons.

Thanks for your good wishes for my hols. I am not going too far away but to Mid Wales and to Bardsley Islands (Ynys Enlli in Welsh) for some wild life photography. I hope my good lady will be patient with me.

Before I forget, I have got a filter adaptor for the G1X as well as an LCD protective glass screen for the G1X. Also a printed instruction manual A4 size. You are very welcome to it FREE of charge. if you are interested, please PM me with your address and I will post the lot to you on my return, which will be after the 27th Sept.

P.s I also have a new bespoke case for the G1X but as I am trying to canibalise the front element with the bespoke G15 case I have ordered today, I am keeping this for now. If after my G15 case arrives I find that the interchange of the front piece of the case with the G15 front piece doesn't solve my problem, you are welcome to the case as well.
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 12-09-2013, 22:16.

Comment

Working...
              X