bridge camera

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bridge camera

I'm looking at buying a bridge camera from my wife as shes getting the bug coming out with me, she doesn't want and DSLR ( thankfully ;0)) so I'm looking at good bridge cameras - I do like the look of the Fuji FinePix HS50 EXR and wondered if anyone had any experience with it or another good camera - I'm looking at spending around £500 max
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Re: bridge camera

I went through that scenario a few years ago ,,you might as well buy her a DSLR to start with as that's what she will end up with .trust me I have been there :-0(

Comment

I've got the 30EXR, it's very good for a bridge. Nice picture, manual zoom, reasonable viewfinder.
      My Wife l has the panasonic lumix (sorry I can't remember the model but it is 20mm to 1200mm) that is excellent for her needs.
      Hth

Comment

Originally posted by the black fox View Post
        I went through that scenario a few years ago ,,you might as well buy her a DSLR to start with as that's what she will end up with .trust me I have been there :-0(
        sorry BF ;o) theres no way I'm sharring my L lenses ;o) ... I bought the Fuji FinePix HS50 in the end hopefully that will please her ;o) ... but least on a positive note she won't be able to join this forum as well ;o)
        Last edited by Tigger; 06-08-2014, 13:02.

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

Comment

Originally posted by fatfred View Post
          I've got the 30EXR, it's very good for a bridge. Nice picture, manual zoom, reasonable viewfinder.
          My Wife l has the panasonic lumix (sorry I can't remember the model but it is 20mm to 1200mm) that is excellent for her needs.
          Hth
          cheers hopefully the newer 50exr will be a good upgrade

Comment

Tigger, you better listen to Jeff (Black fox) as I know what photography enthusiasts his family are- wife,son, d-i-l, s-i-l... The prey has no chance of escape when the family decends!!!!!!!
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
              Tigger, you better listen to Jeff (Black fox) as I know what photography enthusiasts his family are- wife,son, d-i-l, s-i-l... The prey has no chance of escape when the family decends!!!!!!!
              well its ordered, hopefully will keep her away from my "L's" for another yr

Comment

Working...
              X