Coventry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coventry

Recently, I've had a little break away and didn't really feel up to photographing anything so didn't take the slr and instead just dropped my A480 into my handbag.

On the way we had a stop off in Coventry and I had a wander around the old Cathedral and in through its side into a Guild Hall. Photos are just cropped and then autoadjusted with no other processing other than on the building having a go at correcting the verticals.

More will be following as the days have been separated into folders and so far just had a quick flick through and not really sorted the wheat from the chaff so to speak.

Cathedral by DeeGee1966, on Flickr
    ƒ/3.0
    6.6 mm
    1/500
    Camera was on auto - so don't have a clue why it took the F number it did.

Its better in black and white by DeeGee1966, on Flickr
    ƒ/3.0
    6.6 mm
    1/320

I actually knew what I wanted here and had to make the camera comply.... a couple near by where walking around with their flash going off every second or so.... I just wanted what I saw... if that makes sense.
    Frozen by DeeGee1966, on Flickr
    ƒ/3.0
    6.6 mm
    1/60
    Flash (off, did not fire)

Feel free to comment.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Coventry

Nice set Dee, but I do like that last image. Well worth the wait.

Tom

Comment

A very photogenic city ,got lots of shots from when I was looking for a direction to go with my photography .might even dig some out given time

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
        Nice set Dee, but I do like that last image. Well worth the wait.

Tom
        with Tom there, nice last image Dee..
        :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I have to admit that the third is my fave from the holiday so far... Others a growing on me., but the statue is still leading the field.

With that in mind. A couple more from Coventry.

With coach leaving time drawing near. I had the quickest walk imaginable around the Transport Museum. Didn't see half of the displays. Really needed more time there... but alas..didn't get long to linger and if I have to be honest the light wasn't the best for photography, but I got a couple that I'm happy with.

Have to say, if you have the chance to have some time in Coventry I do recommend you go.

Had to take a snap of this. My brother actually had one when I was growing up. Brought back some memories.
          IMG_1172cwcr by DeeGee1966, on Flickr
          ƒ/3.0
          6.6 mm
          1/60
          Flash (auto, fired)

IMG_1180cwcr by DeeGee1966, on Flickr
          ƒ/3.0
          6.6 mm
          1/60
          Flash (auto, fired)

Memorial Wall outside the Transport Museum. Converted to black and white.
          IMG_1182cwbwcr by DeeGee1966, on Flickr
          ƒ/4.5
          6.6 mm
          1/1000
          Flash (auto, did not fire)
          Last edited by DeeGee; 04-10-2014, 17:37.
          Di's Flickr

Comment

whilst I love cars the memorial wall is special and works a treat in B&W
            :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I too like the #3. Very nice. The others too are nice and quite sharp. Proves that one can get decent pics with a compact.

Have you been to Coventry Cathedral?
              Last edited by Nathaniel; 05-10-2014, 08:57.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

The statue shot was well worth the wait. Beautifully framed with the windows and the light coming through them.
                Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Thanks all.

Nat, Unfortunately only got chance to walk through the old Cathedral ruins to the Guild Hall. Didn't get chance to go into the New Cathedral. I was having to keep an eye on the time and wanted to get near to the coach pick up point. Hence the hurried whirl wind tour of the Transport Museum. Maybe next time, I get there, I'd love to see the etched windows from the inside.
                  Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                  X