Oxford.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oxford.

Pretty sure that you're all bored to tears now with these... but thought I would torment you a little bit more.

Oxford. Beautiful place, with photographic opportunities galore. Some stunning buildings, but many behind massive walls and impressive gates. Made me wish I'd took my kit with a longer lens but ay ho...

Arrived and took the tour bus to see the sites... must have planned right, because after just getting off after a full circuit. The heavens opened.

Couldn't resist the reflections in this building. The glass is actually green. Certainly a surprising place, with modern buildings butting up to the historic.

Paned Reflection by DeeGee1966, on Flickr

Points Skyward by DeeGee1966, on Flickr

Oh for the longer lens and a step ladder.
    Over the Wall. by DeeGee1966, on Flickr

Couldn't resist this. Cropped vertical to just remove rubbish that wasn't needed.
    Piped Piper by DeeGee1966, on Flickr

and Pedal Power seems to be the preferred method of travel.
    Pedal Power by DeeGee1966, on Flickr

Have to say, if you're planning on going, there is a lot to see with tours of various Churches and Museums... you'll need to plan so that you don't miss anything.
    Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
    Di's Flickr

Re: Oxford.

Love the 'over the wall' shot Di ....
    [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

Very nice set Di

Tom

Comment

Thanks very much. Have to say that its a place where you don't know where to point the camera first.
        Di's Flickr

Comment

Nice set Di. Am I right in thinking you took most of these from the top of an open top tour bus ?

Scott
          Scott

500px flickr

Comment

I did.

When it was suggested as a day tour I was thinking that we'd probably spend most of the day in the shops. Taking the tour bus really opened my eyes as to what there is to see. Mind you at the top of the bus, with a none too warm wind... I did start to think I would rather be in a nice warm shop.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
            X