• 28 mm wide, 3.8x zoom lens, Hybrid IS
    • Lens Control Ring, Full Manual and RAW
    • 7.5 cm (3.0") PureColor II G LCD
    • HD movies, HDMI
    • High Dynamic Range mode
    • Smart Auto
    • Multi-Aspect Shooting
    • Optional Waterproof Case

So one wonders what the G11's replacement will bring .. .

Re: Powershot S95

Canon made three 'compact' announcements this morning; see here...

Never mind about the G-11... where's the much talked about 60D ???

Cheers...
    I actively encourage constructive comment & critique of any image I post!
    Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

EOS60D ... end of the month I gather.

That other brand have been busy with announcements today as well.

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
        EOS60D ... end of the month I gather.
        Don't tease!

Latest rumour on CanonRumours.com is 09/22... but then they've had it coming in the next 4 weeks for the past year or so!!!
        Feel free to edit & re-post as you see fit - but please - tell me what you have done to 'improve' the shot!

Comment

Ah so the EOS3D and 1Ds4 follow for Christmas ;-)

And for Colin C ... some updates to the big white supertele lenses ;-)

Comment

I have my name down for the 400 f2
            ef-r

Comment

la la la, I'm not looking at new releases from canon, la la la ......

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                la la la, I'm not looking at new releases from canon, la la la ......
                He said smugly

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
                  And for Colin C ... some updates to the big white supertele lenses ;-)
                  There is honestly nothing I need at the moment ....................... the "want" list is full to overflowing though!

Colin
                  Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                    There is honestly nothing I need at the moment ....................... the "want" list is full to overflowing though! Colin
                    Aaahhh - that's exactly what I keep endeavouring to explain to my beloved... the difference between 'need' & 'want'

Comment

A lot of people seem to think the 60D will be announced next Thur... I think it is actually fairly likely it will be.

Also the G12 was allegedly accidentally leaked this week:

Looking at the G12/G11 vs. S95/S90 it looks reasonable.

All good fun :-)

John

Comment

Guessing / anticipating new products (be it camera gear, cars, computers) has the same appeal as conspiracy theories – for some (must be how the brain is wired?). But like Marmite … not so with everyone … but I like Marmite and find guessing what a vendor may bring out next exercises the little grey cells.

(re the leaked info) - Actually if that’s ‘all’ the G12 is going to be I’ll hang fire. I was going to compare it with the Panasonic DMC-LX5 as my (next) camera of choice when up in the hills. The G10 has taken some real knocks and survived and to be honest it does a fine job. But sadly, like others, I like new toys.

As DrJon says … All good fun ;-)

Comment

Actually if that’s ‘all’ the G12 is going to be I’ll hang fire
                          Think I'll join you there. I like the idea of the High Dynamic Range mode but do I really want the camera deciding how to put the 3 shots together. Now if it had a High Dynamic Range sensor then that would be different

Comment

Originally posted by Glenn View Post
                            Now if it had a High Dynamic Range sensor then that would be different
                            Apparently; Canon have filed a patent for just that ! Whether it comes to anything or not remains to be seen!

Comment

Originally posted by Canon-Fodder! View Post
                              Apparently; Canon have filed a patent for just that ! Whether it comes to anything or not remains to be seen!
                              I believe so, though I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for it.

Comment

Working...
                              X