Cruising with the Powershot S95

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cruising with the Powershot S95

Puy l'Eveque on the River Lot in France last summer 198AB1E7-8390-4E98-8F28-2C70B0E09A6E_1_201_a.jpeg

Looks a nice photo from the compact camera, well done.
    Railway Photography - Steam Train Photos

Comment

I am also a fan of the S series compact P&S. I still remember seeing the S90 for the first time and knowing immediately that I had to have it!! I gave that camera to my brother when I purchased the S95 upon introduction. Unfortunately, I had an issue with it (barrel jammed in extended position) so I used the Canon Loyalty program to trade it in on a S100, which I still use mainly because future editions of the camera went to WIFI support and the GPS was dropped. Earlier this year, I had my trusty S100 converted to infrared, but it still remains my goto camera for bike rides. It's taken on a new life in the IR world. In its place, I now use a G16 in addition to a number of other Canon G series P&S cameras. All that said, the S100 still remains one of my favorite compact cameras capable of producing some really impressive images, like YOURS!! I'm actually currently shopping eBay for another.

Comment

Agreed!
        I had an S90 then an S100 and used them mainly for diving.Lost the first because it wasn’t clipped properly to me and the second when the waterproof casing became un-waterproof.
        But in between immersions it was the perfect little camera for my pocket.
        I don’t dive any more but have the G7 mk 2 for the pocket. It’s a sweetie and produces superb pix , I can fiddle with it or just go auto.......but somehow doesn’t have the same immediacy that those 2 S series had.
        Canon EOS R5, R6 plus the usual suspects ......

https://www.flickr.com/photos/bo_fo_to

Comment

Working...
        X