Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Staircase in the Museum of Liverpool (mono)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staircase in the Museum of Liverpool (mono)

I haven't been very active on here recently largely because most of my photography has been with a Powershot G5X Mk2 which is a nice enough camera but lacking the build quality of my old G10. I retired the G10 as I needed a more capable 'travelling' camera only to find that my Huawei smartphone is, annoyingly, almost as good!

But I digress.

Mrs John and I have been away quite a lot recently and I'm currently working through the hundreds of images shot (mainly on the G5X Mk 2) in Ludlow and Liverpool. Most are of the 'souvenir snapshot' variety but this atmospheric mono processing of the staircase in the Museum of Liverpool caught my eye:

Staircase, Museum of Liverpool by John Leah, on Flickr

Cheers,
    John

That is excellent John - well spotted, taken and processed.
    John Liddle

Backwell, North Somerset - "Where the cider apples grow"

Comment

Well done John, well thought out
      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Love it! Great use of light and shadow.

More please...

Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Thanks folks, this has been getting a lot of attention on Flickr

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Excellent work John.
            7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Thanks Bill

Cheers,
              John

Comment

This is stunning John!

Great to see that compacts are every bit as capable as a DSLR.

This could be one of the nicest mono images I've seen!

Comment

Ooh, you are too kind but thanks for the kind words - praise is always welcome

This image has now become my most viewed and faved on Flickr with numerous invitations to add it to other groups.

I've used compacts for years. My first was a G2 that even with a mere 5mp was capable due to the excellence of the lens. That was replaced by a G10 that I used for years despite the poor low light performance and absence of the bells and whistles of this new G5X ii. Of course, it won't challenge the ability of a full frame DSLR but I can't get my 5diii in my pocket so a compact is still my go to when travelling.

Cheers,
                  John

Comment

Originally posted by ColytonJohn View Post
                    Ooh, you are too kind but thanks for the kind words - praise is always welcome

This image has now become my most viewed and faved on Flickr with numerous invitations to add it to other groups.

I've used compacts for years. My first was a G2 that even with a mere 5mp was capable due to the excellence of the lens. That was replaced by a G10 that I used for years despite the poor low light performance and absence of the bells and whistles of this new G5X ii. Of course, it won't challenge the ability of a full frame DSLR but I can't get my 5diii in my pocket so a compact is still my go to when travelling.

Cheers,
                    John
                    I can see why it's the most viewed and faved John, it's a remarkable image.

I've got a small fuji compact that I've always got with me when I go out for like day trips with my partner because like you say, it fits in your pocket and is just so handy for Quick snaps. And we take it on holiday with us because it's also waterproof upto 25 metres so it's great for fun pool and sea pics.

I may have to have a look at the Canon compacts though.

Comment

Working...
                    X