Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The new Powershot G1

Just announced and looks quite impressive!!!! THE POWERSHOT G1 X

Was hoping it would have GPS built in but I guess not this time.
    Have a feeling its going to be a tad expensive for the initial launch.
    What do you think?
    Last edited by Illy; 09-01-2012, 19:15.

Re: The new Powershot G1

Of course it's going to be expensive, but it is a high-end specification. I'll hold off changing my G11 though.
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

Dammit!!!!!

My daughter's "borrowed" my G11, so I was seriously thinking about getting a G12.

This changes things a tad...... then I saw the 14.3Mp sensor and had a flashback to the G10, which I was disappointed with and thought, that's the end of that - G12 it is.....

Then I read on, and saw the sensor's bigger, and I just know I'm going to want this!!! Bu99er!!!!!!!!!

Edit: Just read this: http://www.dpreview.com/news/2012/01...nonG1X_Preview

MRRP is expected to be £699. G12 looking VERY good again
      Last edited by BT Bob; 09-01-2012, 20:31.
      “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
      "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
      "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
      "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

Want one. Anyone need to buy a body part?
        Previously "The Real Swoosh"

My Blog..HERE....My website.....SECONDINTIME.....Flickr HERE..... 500px HERE

EOS 60D, EF- 70-200 L (non is), EF-24-105 L, EF-17-40 L , EF 100mm Macro, , EF 50mm II, 580 EX II, Canon S90. Kids Kit. EOS 500D, EF-S 18-55mm, EF-S 55-250mm IS Manfrotto 3405B Tripod. Hama Compact pro Tripod. Giottos MTL 9351B Tripod, Giottos MH 1300 Head, Manfrotto 790B Monopod. Billingham Hadley Pro. Lowepro 202AW Slingshot Bag.

Comment

I have the feeling that a G1X may well be on my shopping list, the G11 will get handed to my son, that should make two of us happy, not sure what the wife will have to say about the price though.
          Regards

Keith

My Flickr

Comment

I knew the replacement was coming so got a G12 for just under £350. Wife is very happy with that - she doesn't want more that a very good P&S - the extra money would be wasted at the moment
            ef-r

Comment

I would love a G1X but not at ~£700, sorry for me that is too much

Comment

Originally posted by Muscat View Post
                I would love a G1X but not at ~£700, sorry for me that is too much
                I would expect the street price to be closer to £500 when the novelty has worn off. I still think that is a lot of money for a P&S though, whatever the features - it really limits the potential customers who might look at the SX230 or even the S100 and wonder what they paying the premium for. Perhaps Canon this the customers are DSLR owners who might want a carry around canera?
                ef-r

Comment

Originally posted by briansquibb View Post
                  I would expect the street price to be closer to £500 when the novelty has worn off.
                  WEX have it on pre-order for £699.

The Canon PowerShot G1 X extends Canon's impressive PowerShot range and presents a large 14.3 megapixel CMOS sensor, a powerful DIGIC 5 processor and a wide ISO

Maybe it'll be nearer your guess on the Jacobs stand at next year's Focus!!! One cn but hope. I really fancy it, but no way cn I justify that amount.
                  “If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
                  "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
                  "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
                  "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Comment

This looks great if your happy with 1.9fps and depth of field limitations, I assume adaptors will allow telephoto and wide angle options - it doesn't threaten dSLRs though - or micro 4/3s on several fronts.
                    But surely the best Powershot ever!
                    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Price reduction and this isn't the lowest price, happy hunting.....

Comment

Working...
                      X