Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

external hard drive

Hi there
    I was wondering if anyone can help me. I use a 7D and when i store the photos on my hard drive, and then bring them back , the photos have lost a lot of there quality. Is there a way to store photos on the hard drive so the quality of the photo isn't lost?
    thanks very much

Re: external hard drive

Originally posted by Dr.Kiwi View Post
    Hi there
    I was wondering if anyone can help me. I use a 7D and when i store the photos on my hard drive, and then bring them back , the photos have lost a lot of there quality. Is there a way to store photos on the hard drive so the quality of the photo isn't lost?
    thanks very much
    Hi Dr Kiwi,

Could you provide a summary of the step by step (start to finish) of the processes you have adopted to store the photos on the hard drive?

Steve
    EOS 400D, EOS 40D, EOS 7D
    EF 24-105L F4 IS, EF 100-400L f4.5-5.6 IS, EF 50mm MK11

Comment

Re: external hard drive

I store my RAW pictures from the camera and a copy of Aperture (my photo library) on my external hard drive. I don't worry to much about Aperture as that is also saved on Time Machine. I do check on the RAW files from time to time and they seem to be alright. The question then is what are you storing on your hard drive. If they are RAW you should not be having a problem unless there is something wrong with the hard drive. If they are jpegs then that may be your problem. So if you prefer not to shoot in RAW, try making a copy of each picture as a TIFF. That might seem a bit long winded, but if it helps to maintain quality then its worth it.
      del

Comment

Working...
      X