Nerd needed for overview of pc spec!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was thinking of getting this, it looks ok in the spec for me for the money but would like some advise from anyone who knows, im looking to put windows 7 on this.
    Ebuyer have a wide range of AMD Vision Desktop PCs all at great prices. Next Day Delivery & Finance Available. Price Match Promise. 97% Customer Satisfaction

Also im not sure if i can add a ssd for the operating system onto this and use the other drive as storage
    Your comments please!

Re: Nerd needed for overview of pc spec!

Great title, bound to get people (sorry NERDS) to reply..... LOL
    All the best
    Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

The hardware looks adequate. The only thing I would do is to expand the memory out to the full 16GB. It comes with 3 expansion slots, so you should be able to add a SSD drive to the system and make that your boot disk.

Tom

Comment

Good base spec pc. However
        No screen
        No mouse or keyboard
        No memory card reader

I would also see if I can get one with USB 3 as its much faster than 2.

The motherboard isn't the best but its ok. Reason I say that is that there isn't allot of free expansion slots on it to add goodies later on.

I use to build pc's myself and I still fix them sometimes for people.

What you have to look at is.

Windows 7 £100 unless you already have a copy.
        Screen £100
        Mouse + keyboard £35
        Memory card reader expansion or USB expansion £30

Add all this together and you San buy a pic with all of these things already included for cheaper.
        Canon 600d
        Canon Ef 24-105mm f4L IS USM, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L USM,
        Speedlight 430 EX II, B+W 110 10 stop Screw in ND

Comment

Also just noted the 300w power supply which is going to limit how much you can expand it. 800-1000w is much better
          Canon 600d
          Canon Ef 24-105mm f4L IS USM, Canon EF 17-40mm f/4.0 L USM,
          Speedlight 430 EX II, B+W 110 10 stop Screw in ND

Comment

I have a monitor, keyboard, mouse etc and can get win7 for £69 don't use the card reader I have tbh but would be used on occasions. I'm limited on money but have to get a new pc because the other one keeps blue screening and can't be fixed. If needed I'm sure I could upgrade the power supply as needed. Thanks for all your help

Comment

Looks fine to me, agree about the limited power supply.

When you are installing win7 to SSD, disconnect the 2TB hard drive so it doesn't confuse the installation (but I'm sure you know this anyway)
              Concentrate on equipment and you'll take technically good photographs. Concentrate on seeing the light's magic colours and your images will stir the soul. - Jack Dykinga
              Light makes photography. Embrace light. Admire it. Love it. But above all, know light. Know it for all you are worth, and you will know the key to photography- George Eastman

Comment

Working...
              X