2008 iMac backlighting issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008 iMac backlighting issue?

I've just bought a 2008 iMac 20" and I'm finding the screen is quite dull compared to how bright the iMacs at college get (2011 27" iMacs). There is also lines of light and dark running down the screen all the way across. I think it could be the backlighting to blame but I'm not sure which part and how to go about sorting it. Is it possible thats why the screen isn't very bright or is that normal for this model?

I don't suppose anyone has come across these issues before but I guess it's worth asking.

Thanks

Re: 2008 iMac backlighting issue?

I just got ride of my 2008 as the max amount of memory was 4M you could install, so I got a new 21 inch iMac. I never had a problem with the backlight on my 2008 and I calibrated every 2 weeks with SpyderPro. I think that you may have gotten a iMac with a problem.

Tom

Comment

Mac's have always been known for bright screens, so I would look at >system preferences >displays > brightness and ensure the slider is pretty much to the right. If that works, fine, if not, contact the seller for a solution.

Good luck.
      Colin

Comment

Hi, I have actually been looking for a calibrator. So the spyderPro is mac compatible?

Yeah the brightness is on full but it just looks quite dim compared to my 5 year old Dell E207WFP I have sat next to it as a second screen. I actually know the seller and he let me have it (fully upgraded) with wireless keyboard and magic mouse for £250 as that was the buy back price on the lease he had. He could have sold it for about £500-£600.

The odd thing is, the brightness seems alright this morning...

Comment

Yes SpyderPro works with the iMac

Comment

Working...
          X