Keyboard & mouse freezing up

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Keyboard & mouse freezing up

Nat, are you still looking for a keyboard and mouse? If so, you 'may' be in luck if your local Asda is doing this deal. You'll probably need to visit the store and take a look.

Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
    http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
    https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Originally posted by AndyA View Post
      Nat, are you still looking for a keyboard and mouse? If so, you 'may' be in luck if your local Asda is doing this deal. You'll probably need to visit the store and take a look.

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/micr...ardiff-1508014
      Nat lives in North Wales now.

Personally I would avoid wireless keyboard/mouse set ups. Changing batteries and being reliant on the signal is not always great. If the signal is intermittent then this will appear as if the computer is freezing up; stick with wired, much easier and less complicated (IMHO).
      Originally posted by Hereford_EOS
      All QWERTY keyboards operate the same.
      Some have extra functions (shortcuts), some are ergonomic, some are for gamers.
      Some are wired ad some are wireless, I prefer wired.

For the best keyboard for yourself the go to a store (PC World/Currys) and have a play with some keyboards and mice.
      The best one is the one that feels better for you, regardless of brand or price.

Until recently I used a old (15 years old) Microsoft keyboard. Like in the image below.
      I had two of these (one worked) and would remove the keys from one and put it on the other whilst I scrubbed the original clean.
      It lasted for years but was white, I still have it somewhere, it still works.
      Canon EOS R6 Mark II, Canon RF 100-500mm f4.5-7.1L, Canon RF 24-105mm f4L
      Please note: I do not have or use Photoshop

flickr

Comment

Thanks Andy for thinking about me. Much appreciated. Yes I am still bothered with my present keyboard and mouse and at certain times I find i am tying in a foreign language- with missing letters etc. Perhaps I will wait for Stephen to sort this out as he is coming up my way in May.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Originally posted by DrJon View Post
          I'd look in the Task Manager (Process Tab) and sort it by CPU usage (click on the column). BTW do you use iTunes as one of its drivers has real issues with some Anti-Virus packages?
          Good starting point, but also order by memory, as some applications grab memory and hold onto it, thus making less available for other tasks.

About a year ago, I bought a Logitech wireless mouse (this one), never had to change battery yet, works a dream. It has buttons on the side for the 'back button' / 'forward button', as well as the usual scroll wheel, left and right buttons. It has a laser for mouse movement detection, rather than IR, so you don't see any bright lights under the mouse. On/off switch for travelling, and the USB receiver can be stored in the mouse body. Very smart!

You can get keyboard and mouse combo kits. The have a little receiver that plugs into 1 of your USB ports and deals with the connection between your PC/laptop and the mouse/keyboard. No software installation required, just plug and play! That might help you out Nat!

All the best, Mike.
          flickr
          5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Thanks Mike.Any suggestions for the wireless keyboard to go with the mouse?
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Nat, have you checked your page file size? If its still set to default, you can change it in 30 seconds and sort out all these problems?
              Elaine

1Ds mk III;
              24 - 105 f4 L is; 300 f4 L is
              580 EX; 580 EX II; ST-E2

My Flickr

My Blog

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
                Thanks Mike.Any suggestions for the wireless keyboard to go with the mouse?
                Hi Nat.

I'd suggest you go on to Amazon, type "wireless mouse and keyboard" and take your pick!

I've also had a Logitech wireless keyboard for a few years (not yet changed the batteries in that either!), but I don't use it very much with my laptop.

Alternatively, as Stephen suggested, pop into PC World and see what they've got. All this assumes that it's the keyboard that is causing your issues... if it's your PC that needs some TLC, you may find a new keyboard and mouse doesn't really help at all. If your PC is still under warranty, perhaps the shop you bought it from could have a look at the problem?

Mike
                flickr
                5D4 : 7D2 : 16-35 f4 L : 24-105 II L : 70-200 f2.8 L : 100-400 II L : Macro 100 f2.8 L : Manfrotto CX055 Pro3

Comment

Many thanks for all your suggestions. I don't use a laptop now,as I have "retired" and wound up my Ltd Company. I now use my desk top HP computer- Tower,keyboard,mouse(all H) and a Flatron monitor. My equipment is approx 7 years old and NO problems with virus or other gremlins todate. It is a case of one careful owner/user. I know the problem is via the keyboard & maybe the mouse as well. However, I will try out some of your suggestions. Once again, many thanks.

Comment

Errors logged in the Event Logs?

Comment

Yes, I have.

Comment

Working...
                      X