I-pad or laptop??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I-pad or laptop??

I am thinking of changing my very old and slow Hp laptop for either an IPAD, or a newer laptop. I use an Imac at home and the laptop for travel - for e-mail, web-browsing etc., but also for editing photos, both my own and ones from our Motor Racing Archive. I use Photoshop (cs5) and Bridge - a lot of the Archive images need quite a bit of touching up. I like the size of the i-pad, but would l be able to edit images with it? I am a complete dinosaur about mobile phones, tablets etc!! so have no real understanding of what one can do with them photographic wise. I am sure most of you are more modern than I am, so would appreciate advice - thanks!
    Di

Re: I-pad or laptop??

I have an iPad that I use a lot but I don't and wouldn't use it for photo editing, it is great for surfing the net, checking email etc. but IMHO not a suitable tool for any proper editing.

Comment

I would have to agree with Ian about the iPad. Although I do use it or my iPhone to do some fun edits with on single images, I would not use it for a series of images or any serious editing. For serious editing when I am on the road, I use a 13 inch Mac Book Air, with an attachable hard drive for storage.

Tom

Comment

I concur. The iPad does have a lot of editing software (Photoshop Express, Photoshop Touch, Snapspeed etc.) but it's no match for a full-blown package both in terms of it's abilities or usability. You'll also struggle with accessing archive images on the iPad, as there's no simple way to connect an external hard drive.

Tablets have their place, but it's not serious photo editing.
        Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Thanks for all that advice which rather confirms what I had thought. I am leaning to the Mac book Air but need to do a bit more research!!
          Di

Comment

Working...
          X