Keyboard And Mouse Disabled at Sign On Screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Keyboard And Mouse Disabled at Sign On Screen

After having a problem with programmes not opening in my soon to be replaced 5 year old Medion Desktop, I did a fresh re install of windows Vista Home Premium, everything went fine, was getting through my list of things to do and programmes to re install, my old Trust Silverline PS2 Keyboard and Genius Optical Corded Mouse were working ok, so I decided to install the Trust software to enable some of the extra Keyboard function keys, Disk loaded ok, then prompted me to remove all Disks and restart PC, after the restart, booted up ok, Sign On screen came up (disabling this as before was on my list) but alas no Keyboard or Mouse functions were working, re booted by switching off from back, Keyboard lights come on, arrow and enter keys allow me to Start PC as Normal, then still no keyboard or mouse functions and number lock light only lit up on keyboard. My plan now is to get into Safe Mode and uninstall the Keyboard Software, however in Safe Mode the Sign On screen is there too and no functioning Keyboard to enter Password…complete lock out.
    Next day I went and borrowed both a USB and PS2 Keyboards, I already had a spare USB Cordless Mouse and it worked ok, but neither of the Keyboards in any combination with the USB and my own existing PS2 mouse would get those Keyboards working, even tried 2 plugged in at the same time.

So could I ask if any of my Computer expert friends out there have come across this before and can think of a way round this, without another re install of Vista.

Could I try the Trust Disk in the Drive at re boot and hope it installs the missing Drivers. Could it allow me to uninstall.

Is there a dos command line I could try if it will allow me to type at the command prompt.

Would the Vista Recovery Disk work on re boot and possibly install anything that might be missing.

I have searched on various forums for answers but can’t find anything that replicates my problem, loads of similar due to virus and suggestions to remove the Bios Battery for a few seconds.

I also contacted Trust through their support desk, however 6 days later they have still not responded.

Any help appreciated.

Doug.
    Cameras... 7D, 350D
    Lens...Canon 17-40 f4, Sigma 70-200 f2.8, Tamron 28-300 f3.5, Canon 18-55 f3.5

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
    Montana 5 Car-tography

Re: Keyboard And Mouse Disabled at Sign On Screen

Originally posted by Montana 5 View Post

Would the Vista Recovery Disk work on re boot and possibly install anything that might be missing.

Doug.

That was I was going to suggest. However it you know the drivers name, w/the recovery disk, you should be able to get to a DOS prompt, the go to the windows directory to delete the drive.

Tom

Comment

Wow,far too technical for me..Sorry.
      [ Canon 1DX ] [ 70-200 f2.8 L is II ] [ 300 f4 L is usm ] [ 50 mm f1.8 II ] [ 24-105 f4 L is ] [ Speedlite 430 ] [Yongnuo 568 ex II flash ] [ Yongnuo flash triggers ] [ Cokin P filters] [ Giottos Silk Road GYTL8384 carbon tripod ] [ Photoshop CS5 ] ... Wish list Canon EF 500 mm f/4 L IS USM.

Some nice gear, but not much idea ... https://www.flickr.com/photos/123175589@N03/

Comment

If you have a working mouse one possible option, assuming its been created is to restore to earlier point. No real experience of Vista but would expect this feature to be available.

Click start, accessories, system tools and system restore. Hopefully you'll have restore point prior to you install of the software.
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Thanks for the replies so far.

Ant...Yes that feature is resident in Vista and have used it before, however I can't get to the Start screen, because I can't get past the Log In screen, due to disabled Keyboard not allowing me to enter password.

Doug.
          Cameras... 7D, 350D

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
          Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Does it offer you access to an on screen keyboard? (Just a thought.)
            Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
            Di's Flickr

Comment

Originally posted by DeeGee View Post
              Does it offer you access to an on screen keyboard? (Just a thought.)
              Great minds and all that Di, spotted the very same a couple of hours ago, I kept on seeing this little icon on the bottom left of the Welcome/Sign on screen, so thought what the heck, well up popped the 'Ease of Access Menu' and there just what I was looking for was an on screen mouse operated Keyboard, password entered, uninstalled the Trust Software, disabled the security sign on screen, a re boot and everything is back to normal. Well done Di and thank you for your input.

Doug.
              Cameras... 7D, 350D

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
              Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Well done Doug.
                Canon EOS 5D Mark III, EF 135mm F/2 L, EF 16-35mm F/4 L, EF 50mm f/1.8, EF 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, EF 28mm f/2.8
                http://www.aveyardphotography.co.uk
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/aveyardphotography
                https://www.facebook.com/AveyardPhotography

Comment

Cheers Andy.

Doug.
                  Cameras... 7D, 350D

Flash...600EX-RT

Montana 5 flickr
                  Montana 5 Car-tography

Comment

Nice work Doug and a good tip from Dee. Glad you have sorted the issue
                    Peter

Feel free to browse my
                    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Glad its sorted.
                      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
                      Di's Flickr

Comment

Working...
                      X