Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Club Projector

Hi All

Are club is looking for a new Projector to display DPI's. I would think the budget to be around £500/600.

Several companies have recommended NEC projectors has anybody got ant experience of NEC or what other projectors to people recommend.

Many Thanks

Phil

Re: Club Projector

We use Epson projectors in the school. Really bright. The higher the lumens the brighter the projection. Also whatever one you go for, check out how much the replacement bulbs are. They don't last very long in any projector.
    Fuji X-T1 | 1D IV
    www.campsie.photography

Comment

Originally posted by Paulstw View Post
      We use Epson projectors in the school. Really bright. The higher the lumens the brighter the projection. Also whatever one you go for, check out how much the replacement bulbs are. They don't last very long in any projector.
      Wise words as I have two friends with digital projectors. Both have blown bulbs. Both are beyond economic repair.

Cheers,
      John

Comment

Just like to echo comments by Paul both schools I worked at we used Epson and due to staff not turning off the projector when not in use lamps were replaced frequently and they were not cheap!
        Canon 5D3, 7D2, 60D, Canon 70-200L f2.8 IS II, Canon 300 f4L IS, Canon 16-35 f4 L, Canon 24-105mm f/4L IS USM, Canon 1.4 MkIII extender, Sigma AF 10-20mm f/3.5 EX DC HSM, Sigma 150-600 Contemporary, Tamron SP AF 70-300 F/4-5.6 Di VC USD, Canon EF-S 18-55mm 1:3.5-5.6 IS
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/16830751@N03/

Comment

Phil,
          The club that I am a member of recently bought a new projector. Because we also host competitions with other clubs in our area we were restricted to the format size that we had to have (rules of the Chiltern Assoc of Camera Clubs - CACC) the only projector that met the format requirements was a Canon projector.
          Most other clubs in the CACC area also use Canon Projectors.

Now for the "bad news"..... these are not cheap and you will be looking at a 4 figure sum of money.
          We applied for a lottery grant to help defray the cost.
          David

Comment

Our local camera club just purchased a new Canon projector for the same reasons that David gave and it cost around £2000 so its not cheap
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

Working...
            X