Spyder4 PRO Advanced Display Colour Calibration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spyder4 PRO Advanced Display Colour Calibration

I use both LR and PS with Adobe CC on two different computers. They are windows based, similar but not identical but they have the same monitors. Predictably the images can look quite different between the two.

I don't know much about monitor calibration but have been looking at the Spyder4 PRO device. Anyone used that or similar? I guess it would improve things for me?

Any advice would be welcome.

- Tony
    - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Re: Spyder4 PRO Advanced Display Colour Calibration

There will always be a difference in colour between different monitors, and I think that colour calibration may help. However, it's obviously better to start and finishing editing using just one monitor, to ensure that any changes are consistent.
    I think monitor calibration is far more important when printing work, as it is only then that the difference between the colours on the montitor and those produced by the printer can vary considerably.
    1Ds II, 1D IIN, 1D II, 5D, 1V HS, 3, 14L II, 16-35L II, 24-70L, 35 f/2, 40 STM, 50L, 85L II, 100L Macro, 135L, 70-200L f/2.8 IS, 70-300​DO, 300L f/4, 1.4x II, 2x II, 580EX II, 430EX II, 270EX, MR-14EX

Comment

I was looking into monitor calibration tools and found the following article : CLICK HERE

I found it was quite interesting that one of the cheapest actually came out better.
      Andy
      Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
      EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
      [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Thank for the feedback guys and the link.

if I do get one the Spyder4 PRO appears to still be the favourite. The Colormunki X-Rite Smile received some very mixed reviews with Amazon customers.

- Tony
        - Tony

6D Mk II, 17-40 F4/L 4 USM, 24-105 F4/L 4 IS USM

www.premiumpics.co.uk

Flickr

Comment

I've had the Spyder Pro 3 for quite a few year now, and it has worked very well indeed.

Dave
          Dave

Comment

I use the Spyder 4 elite with no problems it does what it says on the tin
            Alex

EOS R5 EOS 7D Mk ii Lenses EFS 18-55mm EFS 55-250mm EF 50mm 24-105mm Sigma EX 70-200 Sigma 150-600c

Comment

i'm not using windows but spyder4 + dispcalgui --> gutenprint + canon selphy cp900 = from good to excellent color match on a photos.
              Photo Gallery - tommij.blogspot.fi

Camera: Canon EOS 60D, Fujifilm X-Pro1
              Flash: Canon Speedlite 430 EX II, Fuji EF-X20
              Lens: Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC Fisheye HSM, Sigma 50-150mm F2.8 APO EX DC HSM, Sigma 18-35mm F1.8 DC HSM [A], Fuji XF 18mm f/2, Fuji XF 35mm f1,4
              Software: Darktable, Gimp

Comment

Working...
              X