Another DUMB question from me re an e-mail

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another DUMB question from me re an e-mail

I don't know whether any knowledgeable member can help. I was writing a fairly long e-mail on "windows mail" and I don't know which key I pressed just to finish off, and the whole e-mail disappeared and I can't find it. I have not deleted it nor have I sent it nor have I put in draft (all these areas have been checked and they do not have the missing e-mail). I have the feeling that it is "hanging somewhere". Any idea where I can find it and recover the same- if this is possible.

Many thanks for any help.

Nathaniel
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Another DUMB question from me re an e-mail

sorry Nat I don't use windows mail so can't help - one thing to try is using the system search looking for documents with the persons email address - maybe under something like windows / files / search then enter the email address - its a slim chance but if you can find where the main system search is you should find your email parked up
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

I've done this in the past Nat and I never found it. In the end I re-wrote the whole email.
      Di ~ Trying to take "the" photograph.
      Di's Flickr

Comment

Webmail has a time to live on the website. There's a cache of data as you type, however, if you hit refresh or (F5) on the keyboard it will just wipe this and reload the page as if you set up to write a new email. It's not like Outlook on a computer where it saves a draft. Gmail saves a draft as you type, but I don't know about Windows Mail.
        I only use a camera like I use a toothbrush. It does the job - Don McCullin

Comment

Nat,
          If you're sure it hasn't been saved automatically in the Drafts folder check your Sent folder. You may have hit F6 and Enter to send the message.
          Russell
          Canon 7D MkII, 550D EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 70-200mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro, 300mm f/4L IS USM, Extender EF 1.4x III, Speedlite 600 EX-RT Speedlite 320EX
          http://www.flickr.com/photos/photorussell

Comment

Thank you all very much for your comments. Yes, I think what Canonlad has said is what has happened but I know that I pressed some key near the space bar and the whole thing just disappeared and just brought a new e-mail page to write on. I agree with DI and looks like I have to re-write the whole e-mail again.
            Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Although I use Outlook which saves drafts as you go along, if I know I have long email to write then I usually compose it in Word first - saving as I go along. I then just copy and paste into the email afterwards.

May be worth considering in future Nathaniel.
              Andy
              Canon 700D, Canon 1100D
              EF 24-105mm f/4.0L IS USM, EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II, EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM, EF 50mm F/1.8 II
              [Wishlist: EF 100mm f/2.8L IS USM Macro]

Comment

Thanks Andy. This is what I will do in future- if my e-mail is a long one.

Comment

have a look in yesterdays HISTORY folder nat !!!!

Comment

Working...
                  X