EOS 6D & Android or iPad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EOS 6D & Android or iPad

I'm in the market for a tablet but cannot decide between an iPad or Android.

I have an EOS 6D and an Android Smartphone and would like an iPad but I'm wondering whether an Android tablet would be more practical - other than getting an iPhone!

I only shoot in RAW and would want to transfer images to the tablet whilst away from my Windows PC. Transfer wirelessly using the EOS App would be preferable to USB, to save on Batteries.

Any comments would be appreciated.

Bob

Originally posted incorrectly in Software
    Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Re: EOS 6D & Android or iPad

A friend of mine has an ipad that he has linked to his 70d. He says it's great to be able to see and share easily. I don't think from memory it works with raw though, or if it does it's very limited/slow. I've always been an android fan personally and find my daughters ipad frustrating to use.
    Paul

Comment

I'm with you re iPad Paul a pain in the a*s all my family has them but I much prefer android and dont get me started on the iPod and transferring music especially from C.D's vis iTunes

I have a 6D Bob and use my Nexus 7 tablet with it and it works fine, however never downloaded raws to it but would imagine due to the file size it would be slow especially if you are loading a lot of file, but it does everything an iPad can do at a lot less money

Gordon

Comment

Paul & Gordon

Thanks for your response
        Just noticed there are numerous threads regarding tablets on the forum which I'll have to read through!

Bob
        Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Working...
        X