Another stupid questioin!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another stupid questioin!

I find this very annoying in that when I type "note" it gets replaced with the word "date". I don't know why this is but everything else is fine. I use Word for normal word processing.

Any help will be much appreciated as always.

Thank you.

Nat
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Another stupid questioin!

More info needed Nat. Is the problem only on here? What browser are you using? You say OK in Word so must be a browser thing.
    Alan.

7D2, 24-105 L / 70-200 F2.8 ii L / 50 F1.8 prime / Sigma 10-20 F4-F5.6

Website www.alanreeve.co.uk

Please take a look https://www.flickr.com/photos/82149274@N07/sets & https://www.facebook.com/reevephotography

Comment

Alan, it is not here at all. It also comes about when I am typing letters on my word software. Everything else that I type on my documents is fine but only the word "note"!
      Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

I don't know about PCs but on the Mac you can create shortcuts where you type a word or a few letters and they replaced by another word. I'm just wondering if you have something similar and the word 'note' to be replaced by 'date' has been added accidentally. I'm probably talking rubbish though.

Comment

Originally posted by Nathaniel View Post
          Alan, it is not here at all. It also comes about when I am typing letters on my word software. Everything else that I type on my documents is fine but only the word "note"!
          Nat, from memory in word you can set up "auto correct" such that if in your example you type "note" then the word application software corrects this to date. I know this because I have seen it used as a practical joke on someone where a commonly used word auto corrects to an expletive!
          You don't say what version of word you are using but this is where the auto correct is on my version (Word 2007) see image below:-

4Nat-Auto corrrect.jpg
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Peter, mine is also word 2007. Yes, I know there is auto correct and I don't know how this has happened.

Nat

Comment

Nat, you can change the auto correct for your date/note in the area of word that is shown in the image I posted earlier, assuming that the auto correct exists for them
              Peter

Feel free to browse my
              Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thanks. I may have already succeeded!

Comment

Working...
                X