What to use 'In The Field'

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to use 'In The Field'

I recently purchased a Philips Freevent 12NB5800 ('New but unused') to use 'In The Field' but I am extremely disappointed - I can't get it to work off the battery, it works connected to the mains only. I would like a smallish laptop with a screen 11-12" and should have a DVD drive. Anyone have any ideas?

Bob
    Bob Turner
    Dundee, Scotland UK.

Re: What to use 'In The Field'

Samsung or Asus Netbooks are the tools now. I have been using the Samsung since Feb

Loads about it on my blog

Martin

Comment

Originally posted by Bawbee View Post
      I recently purchased a Philips Freevent 12NB5800 ('New but unused') to use 'In The Field' but I am extremely disappointed - I can't get it to work off the battery, it works connected to the mains only. I would like a smallish laptop with a screen 11-12" and should have a DVD drive. Anyone have any ideas?

Bob
      You could test the MSI Wind notebook series. When used with Windows 7 the performance is perfect.

In general you have to keep in mind that a notebook, or a desktop pc, with moderate specs will keep you happy for a reasonable short time. These machines are outdated quickly and also you are getting custom very quickly to the speed of your computer giving you the idea that computer is operating slowly. The advice is to buy a machine with higher specs to keep you happy for a longer time.
      EOS-1D MkIIN / 24-70L f2.8 / 70-200L f2.8 / Ext. 2x II / 580EX

Comment

HI Bob,

If you have not purchashed anything yet to use in the field . I use a Samsung NC10 netbook with a matt 10.2 inch screen.The netbook runs photoshop 6 with all my extra plugins, fotostation pro, etc. I use this netbook on the World Rally Championship to edit and transmit my pics because it is very easy to carry around with all my Canon gear and the matt screen is great to use on a bright day. I use photoshop 6 because photoshop CS2,3,and 4 is just overkill for this type of machine.For Raw if I need it I use Fotostation Pro.All in all the sammy netbook has worked very well in all sorts of locations and situations.Best part is I get six hours batterylife out of this little netbook.
        Last edited by rallysnapper; 06-02-2010, 10:15. Reason: wording

Comment

Working...
        X