• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• colin C
    replied
    Re: New iMac

Like the color scheme.
    I decided to be manly and chose my own colours. Scary thing for a man ............... choosing colours!

Leave a comment:

• @imagesBV
    replied

Well you had good value out of the last one....you would have had 3 or 4 windows machines in that time. Only the cost a semi pro body adds perspective and your computer must be worth as much to you...

...maybe I’m just rehearsing my arguments when I want to replace my 2011 model !

Leave a comment:

• the black fox
    replied

About the same price range as mine Colin ,and the same reasoning no pockets in a shroud m8. ,don’t think m6 room will ever look that tidy though to many camera bags lying around

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied

Just checked the same spec on the USA site and the cost was $3,299.

At todays exchange rate of 1.39, that should make my iMac £2,373. Looks like I paid rather too much.

Leave a comment:

• Tigger
    replied

gotta love new toys.....AND you can't take it with you, although I have put in my will that the MacBook comes with me, just hope I get a decent wifi down there

enjoy filling the new toy up :)

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied

£3,179 Tom.

Leave a comment:

• tesarver
    replied

So what was the total cost for this new iMac? Like the color scheme.

Tom

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    started a topic New iMac

New iMac

I needed a new iMac. Nothing particularly wrong with my Jan 2008 model, except that it is no longer supported with OS upgrades, but there is a time for all things and that time was now.

Easy enough: get on the Mac site and spec up what I wanted. Then it goes and spoils it all by telling you the price! Thought I would chance it anyway, so I mentioned it in passing to Mrs C ............ as you do and I got the look!!! I swear I could see the snakes moving and I was starting to feel a little stone-like, so I backed off. I went back to the Tinternet and de-speced the iMac to a more acceptable price. Whilst it may have been a better price, I would have ended up with a computer that I just didn't want, so there was nothing for it but to brave Mrs C again. I told her that's what I needed, I could afford it and quite frankly, at my age I shouldn't have to compromise! Ok she said. You can order it once you have fully decorated the office.

Just waiting for the new carpet to be laid next Tuesday, iMac coming on Wednesday. Here is a Photoshop impression of the decorated office, I'll take some actual photo's once all is complete.

Office 1 by Colin Cross, on Flickr
Working...
X