Mouse - recommendation request

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mouse - recommendation request

My Apple 'Magic Mouse' has expired...just doesn't hold connection anymore....so I was just wondering what to replace it with? ....any recommendations would be gratefully received...
    Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Re: Mouse - recommendation request

maybe time to try a tablet :)

I use a Magic Mouse for all my editing but I am considering the table route
    :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

When I got my imac I bought both a mouse and a tablet (magic pad), I assumed that I would be using the mouse as that is what I was used to from a windows background. The mouse however has been virtually unused as I have found that the pad so much more intuitive, it also doesn’t need you to have a large empty desk space to move the mouse about which helps a lot. I like it a lot.

Ian
      Ian

Flickr page https://www.flickr.com/photos/154026104@N07

Comment

I gather a lot of graphics professionals these days use a gaming mouse, which has a large number of buttons, all of which can be programmed to perform often used actions.
        One example included here :
        As photographers and retouchers, we are often required to travel. But travel eats up a lot of time and thus it is crucial to optimize one’s workflow. While gear is not everything in our industry, it still maintains a critical place, especially to help save time. Spending more and more time on the road, I recently had to take a look at my editing workflow and find new solutions to make it better and faster. In this article, I’ll share with you some of the accessories I use or have since discovered to cut my retouching and keep me sane.
        EOS 6D, 6D Mk II, 80D, 70D, 100D, 200D, M50, M100. Canon 10-18, 18 - 55, 55 - 250 IS STM lenses, Canon 16 - 35 mm F4L, 35 mm EF-S macro, 50 mm F1.8 STM, 60 mm EF-S macro, MPE-65 macro, 85 mm F1.8, 200 mm F2.8 L II, M 15 - 45 mm, M 22mm F2, M 32mm F1.4. Sigma 24 - 35 F2 Art, 135 mm F1.8 Art, 17 - 50 F2.8 DC, 105 mm OS macro, 100 - 400 C, 150 - 600 C.

Comment

first off its got to be Mac compatible so either another wireless Magic Mouse or Mac trackpad having never used the latter I cant recommend one ..basically Mac for Mac though others will disagree

Comment

Originally posted by brianvickers View Post
            My Apple 'Magic Mouse' has expired...just doesn't hold connection anymore....so I was just wondering what to replace it with? ....any recommendations would be gratefully received...
            A Google search brings up several websites giving a possible solution to the magic mouse losing connection. One of them might keep you going until you find an alternatve. This is one :
            I have mac mini late 2011, up to date mac OS X and fully charged batteries. It still loses connection about 10 times per hour. It's really annoying I've tried to remove Bluetooth.plist file, but i...

Have you tried disconnecting the mouse from Bluetooth then reconnecting it.
            Emyr
            Last edited by Ems; 22-03-2018, 13:23.

Comment

Thanks for these suggestions...the fixes on the web link by Emyr unfortunately hasn't worked yet...but thanks for the link. I have been using it close to the aluminium keyboard. The computer is saying no mouse found....Ill keep trying....Thanks!
              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but have you tried putting fresh batteries in?

Comment

Originally posted by Ems View Post
                  Forgive me if I'm stating the obvious, but have you tried putting fresh batteries in?
                  :) good call

...I had someone phone me asking why there email account wasn't working anymore, first thing I asked was if they were online, they weren't clients = twits
                  :- Ian

5D Mk III, 24-105 / 70-200 f2.8 L / 100-400 Mk II / 100 macro / 16-35 L / 11-24 L / 1.4 & 2x converters and a bad back carrying it all ;o)

:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/fotosespana/

Comment

Originally posted by Ems View Post
                    this has jogged a memory with me to ,I find that my MM doesn't like all battery makes ,some are a total no no in fact ,first off are you using re-chargeables as they have a finite life .if not there are also a lot of low powered Duracells about at the moment to hard to distinguish from the hi powered ones apart from price .
                    if its neither of these you might have had a bad battery in that has corroded the terminals .I had a charger do this to me the simple answer is to look at the terminal contacts if there is any greying/greening of the contacts if so they can be cleaned by scraping over with a flat bladed screwdriver .and finally when inserting batteries its worth turning the mouse over to ensure the green light is on .and then lifting it above your head to ensure it stays on .

PPS IF THESE ALL FAIL THEN SUGGEST YOU SHOP FOR YOUR CHEESE AT SAINSBURYS IT WILL KEEP THE MOUSE IN BETTER CONDITION

Comment

I haven't used a mouse in years on my mac. When they 1st came out with the magic pad, I have used that ever since.

Tom

Comment

I find choice of mouse to be an extremely individual one but I am currently using Logitech M500 wired mice across various machines with good results. Being honest, it’s not the absolute best mouse I’ve used but it’s reasonably comfortable and very reliable. Went with wired to avoid battery and signal issues.

Comment

I used to like the Microsoft Intellimouse but unfortunately it's no longer supported on the Mac.

Comment

I have Magic Mouse and a magic pad for my iMac but prefer the mouse.

I found that my MM was playing up and it was the connection inside where the battery connect at the base, it seemed loose so I cut small pieces of foil & placed over connectors it’s been fine since. Just to say I have had this mouse for about 8 years +.
                            Sue

Comment

My mouse came with the Mac in 2011. Batteries are Duracell bought as a value pack The light does stay on. I’ll try connecting a Logitech mouse of my work laptop to check it’s not the Mac. I’ll check out looseness of the batteries but they appear snug. Thanks everyone.
                              Brian Vickers LRPS

Comment

Working...
                              X