Two ants on computer screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two ants on computer screen

Hi! Not a major problem but I haave just noticed two small black ants on my computer screen when I go into the forum (EOS Mag) section. I do not know how they got in but how do I get rid of them? Any ideas?
    Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Re: Two ants on computer screen

Hi Nathaniel. Are those ants real or have you picked up a virus?
    Cheers
    Treff

Comment

Nathaniel after checking on the net it sounds like you have indeed picked up a computer virus or malware. I would scan your computer with anti-virus software soon as.
      Good Luck
      Cheers
      Treff

Comment

They are like real ants! My aniti virus solftware is always switched on from AVG, Spyware to Macfee. Anyway, I will scan again. thank you.
        Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

Comment

Nathaniel having just looked at your post and thinking I used to have little bugs in a previous screen of mine bu...as didn't have an answer to your question I didnt comment. I then looked at another post and I too saw an ant!!!. See HERE
          Last edited by ST-EOS; 07-11-2011, 15:08. Reason: typo
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Hi Nathaniel, if you don't want to see animations you can turn off animated images in your browser config.
            IN IE8 its just a case of un- checking a tick box. under tools - internet options - advanced tab.

Uncheck the box that says "play animations in webpages".

Trev

Comment

Do you realise that ANT is an anagram of NAT ? just an observation

Comment

Originally posted by ST-EOS View Post
                Nathaniel having just looked at your post and thinking I used to have little bugs in a previous screen of mine bu...as didn't have an answer to your question I didnt comment. I then looked at another post and I too saw an ant!!!. See HERE
                Exactly! Thats what I have but I note that if I put the cursor on the ant and click, then it stays still!!! I don't think they do any harm. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hereford_EOS2 View Post
                  Do you realise that ANT is an anagram of NAT ? just an observation
                  Yes, I reliased that a long time ago Stephen!! However, I was called the "stinging Gnat" because of my work as an "Auditor"!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for your humour in these days of political correctness. I am now, with hindsight, glad that I have retired as I couldn't face the current clap trap re PC etc etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Trevoreast View Post
                    Hi Nathaniel, if you don't want to see animations you can turn off animated images in your browser config.
                    IN IE8 its just a case of un- checking a tick box. under tools - internet options - advanced tab.

Uncheck the box that says "play animations in webpages".

Trev
                    Thanks Trev. Yes, I will do that.

Nat

Comment

Like this one?
                      The camera works just fine, it's the idiot staring through the viewfinder that need's help!

Comment

Originally posted by JaKS_Foto View Post
                        Like this one?
                        Yes. Thats it.

Comment

Nathaniel that is not an ant it is in reality a video taken from the air of someone from here running around looking for something to photograph in the winter snow.
                          David

Comment

Working...
                          X