Eos 1000d

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eos 1000d

Hi everyone , I love my 1000D , and like many would love to have a spot meter on it , I know this as been discussed around the internet, Since the 1000D is a cut down version of the 450D and I believe that incorporates one , anyone know if Canon can or will be able to do a firmware update for the camera

Barry

Re: Eos 1000d

Originally posted by barry1958 View Post
    Hi everyone , I love my 1000D , and like many would love to have a spot meter on it , I know this as been discussed around the internet, Since the 1000D is a cut down version of the 450D and I believe that incorporates one , anyone know if Canon can or will be able to do a firmware update for the camera

Barry
    I highly doubt it, but also the 1000D is not a cut down version of the 450D. They use a quite different AF system (7 point / 9 point). I would say that the 1000D is more closely related to the 350D in that respect.

THe only Canon DSLR that was genuinely close was the 10D & 300D which is why quite a few missing features could be activated via (hacked) firmware. Somehow I don't think Canon will make that mistake again :)

I used a 300D for a number of years and found Partial metering was often good enough though.

Comment

Re: Eos 1000d

Ok John thanks for the reply

Comment

Working...
      X