Canon's response to Nonik's D300s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon's response to Nonik's D300s

How do EOS members believe Canon will respond to the recently launched D300s from Nonik, will we see a new camera this autumn featuring an improved focusing system, dual card slots, better movie mode and live view?

Thoughts and comments welcome.

Martin
    Always trying to improve and get a better photograph!

Re: Canon's response to Nonik's D300s

Canon already has the 50D to compete with the D300s if they have any sense and want to bring out a 60D with video then they should cut back on the pixel count as the 50D suffers from noise over ISO 400

Comment

Agree with Dave on that.

I personally think Canon jumped the gun a bit with the 15mp resolution and really do hope they go back to a reasonable say 12mp to get the noise levels down.

It'll be interesting to see what they replace this camera with in the future.

btw... forum is back! oh and dave.. didn't you move to the dark side anyway?

Comment

Why does anyone want video. Lets get back to what we love. PHOTOS. Canon please concentrate on improving your already great cameras. Leave the other manufacturers to play with gimics. All we seam to hear about at the moment is video. I would like to purchase my next 1D mk? or 5D mk? with no auto focus, mirror or what ever else faults on it. Mind you if it has to have a fault i would prefare it to be on the video side as long as it doesn't effect the stills. That way i don't have to send it in for repair.
        By the way i do love CANON. I have both the above cameras and have used canon for the last eight years and will carry on so. I just cannot live without them if they have to go in for repair.

Comment

Originally posted by batman9 View Post
          Why does anyone want video. Lets get back to what we love. PHOTOS. Canon please concentrate on improving your already great cameras. Leave the other manufacturers to play with gimics. All we seam to hear about at the moment is video. I would like to purchase my next 1D mk? or 5D mk? with no auto focus, mirror or what ever else faults on it. Mind you if it has to have a fault i would prefare it to be on the video side as long as it doesn't effect the stills. That way i don't have to send it in for repair.
          By the way i do love CANON. I have both the above cameras and have used canon for the last eight years and will carry on so. I just cannot live without them if they have to go in for repair.
          I couldn't agree more, you buy a video camera for video and an SLR for pictures.

Canon do both very well, lets keep them seperate.

Comment

Agree with you all , I'm ready from an upgrade from my 20D. I was thinking of the 5D Mk11 (at the right price) but the video function worries me. If I want to take movies I'll buy a camcorder. I would have prefared the 5D Mk11 to be a few hundred pounds less, without the video function.
            Regards, Ray

Comment

I was just mulling over my last responce and I would have much prefared the 5D Mk11 to have had a built in flash for fill in flash on those sunny days when taking people outside, instead of lugging a big flash around. I find the built in flash on my 20D really usefull.
              Ray

Comment

bettya canon dont get the mesage I do use vidio but NOT with my still camera they are two diferant animals
                Ben

Comment

Originally posted by Donavan View Post
                  Agree with Dave on that.

I personally think Canon jumped the gun a bit with the 15mp resolution and really do hope they go back to a reasonable say 12mp to get the noise levels down.

It'll be interesting to see what they replace this camera with in the future.

btw... forum is back! oh and dave.. didn't you move to the dark side anyway?
                  yes i did nearly a year ago-how time flys, Whilst at the moment i am more than happy with my gear and my images have never been better, I still keep up with whats going on in other camps and would love a 5D2 in the kit bag, I am looking at some diving in the winter and a 5D2 would be great-along with the video so that you dont need 2 bodies and 2 under water housings, Video does have a place and people moaning about it wont change things-its here to stay just like liveview

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Creighton View Post
                    I was just mulling over my last responce and I would have much prefared the 5D Mk11 to have had a built in flash for fill in flash on those sunny days when taking people outside, instead of lugging a big flash around. I find the built in flash on my 20D really usefull.
                    Ray
                    Canon think they have just the product for you the Speedlite 270EX.

They would rather sell you more kit, than give it away free LOL
                    Last edited by Mark; 23-08-2009, 16:55.

Comment

Read some info here

Comment

Canon's response to the Nikon D300 should be to laugh and have another sake!
                        ...and maybe drop the price of its entire EOS range of cameras and lenses.
                        Dave

Comment

I wish they would bring out something between the 1 series and the 5D range; maybe a 3D ideally for me, it would have full frame 15mega pixel sensor, 8.5fps, built in battery grip and no video to keep the price down a little.

Steve

Comment

Originally posted by wildcumbria View Post
                            I wish they would bring out something between the 1 series and the 5D range; maybe a 3D ideally for me, it would have full frame 15mega pixel sensor, 8.5fps, built in battery grip and no video to keep the price down a little.

Steve
                            Sounds like the new 1D4 specs

Comment

When is this out Dave?

Steve

Comment

Working...
                              X