Warning: Undefined array key "birthday_search" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "joindate" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "posts" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "privacy_options" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/api/user.php on line 1 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "userid" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Undefined array key "lastactivity" in phar://.../vb/vb.phar/library/user.php on line 2 Warning: Trying to access array offset on value of type bool in .../vb5/route/profile.php on line 74 Cleaning the sensor... - EOS magazine forum

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cleaning the sensor...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cleaning the sensor...

I just purchased a used 30D -the sensor is really dirty- I have used the blow and swipe methods for cleaning with little success-I am wondering if there is a newer method for cleaning or if I am destined to send it in to the pros--

Re: Cleaning the sensor...

You have tried the usual methods I would suggest sending it to Canon @ Elstree.
    www.imagessouthwest.co.uk

Comment

You could do it yourself, but it could end up worse than before you started. A professional clean is the way to go.

Comment

I would get to done proffesionally and after that a quick clean with an arctic butterfly 724 does the job in seconds

Dave

Comment

For the price of a pro-clean you could buy swabs and fluid and do it yourself. The 1st attempt is scary believe me, but if you take your time and take care it is easy to do. Once you do it a few times it doesn't scare you as much, if at all.

Remember you're not touching the sensor, but a pass through filter in front of the sensor. If you look at the videos on Google you can see how easy it is. Google for "dSLR sensor cleaning video" plenty of free videos out there.

Here's one to check. This is the way I do it, as well as using an Artic Butterfly brush to dry clean the sensor, if the blower doesn't shift the debris on its own. If dry cleaning doesn't shift it then you go on to the wet clean method. My last resort is the washing machine (just kiddin), it would be a pro-clean, but that hasn't occurred yet.

The added bonus of doing it yourself is the fact you can do it when needed and you don't lose the camera for a week or so, whilst it's away getting cleaned.

Most of the cleaning equipment is available in the EOS Magazine shop too.
          Last edited by Guest; 23-08-2009, 18:56. Reason: spelling and adding links

Comment

I clean the censor on my cameras with the Green Clean system. It works like a mini vacuum cleaner to remove loose partials, but if the dirt is attached to the sensor there is a wet and dry cleaning swab in the pack and this removes these.As Owin said in his post, it's a little scary the first time you attempt it but once you have done it it is easy.

Comment

Originally posted by breezie View Post
              I just purchased a used 30D -the sensor is really dirty- I have used the blow and swipe methods for cleaning with little success-I am wondering if there is a newer method for cleaning or if I am destined to send it in to the pros--
              If you've just purchased it then it must be second hand. Therefore send it to Canon for cleaning. They'll then let you know if the sensor has been damaged by the previous owner.
              rhodopsin The fat bloke with the camera stuck to his face, well actually I was born with it.

Comment

Working...
              X