Anyone ordering the 90D

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone ordering the 90D

Was thinking of upgrading my 7D this year and out comes the 90D.
    Would this be a suitable upgrade or would I be better with the older 7D mk 11.
    Is anyone else thinking about ordering a 90D.

Alan
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Re: Anyone ordering the 90D

After viewing this video, I'm waiting to see which is better. The 90D @ 10 fps or the EOS M6 MKII @ 14fps & better tracking.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y830p94Hg1c

to add more to your decision here is another video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35-bxBZl7pI

Tom
    Last edited by tesarver; 28-08-2019, 18:45.

Comment

A couple of good videos there Tom, I think they will both sell well....tempted by the 90D as my M3 is still adequate for my small camera and my 7D is getting a bit long in the tooth.
      Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

I'm no expert on these models but the M6 with the optional viewfinder would be my choice....based on the video reveiw
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Hard to advise till we see what the cameras really offer , I would wait a few months before buying a newly released camera , and see what the reviews and users have to say . Having said that , I just brought a 2nd hand 7Dmkll because I got fed up of waiting for a 7Dmklll which appears we will never see now . I wish I had done it ages ago , it`s a big leap from the 7D in my opinion , I am really enjoying it . Canon really dragged their heels with this latest SLR , betting it lost them a fair few sales one way or another . This 90D is going to have to offer a huge leap in performance at high iso for me to want one now , it`s the only thing the 7Ds struggle with in my opinion .
          Last edited by Lepus; 29-08-2019, 10:19. Reason: spelling

Comment

Both cameras look pretty good, and with the addition of the view finder, if I were looking to upgrade a dslr I'd be tempted by the m6ii, but with the view finder attached, what do you do for a flash?

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by supergeeman View Post
              Both cameras look pretty good, and with the addition of the view finder, if I were looking to upgrade a dslr I'd be tempted by the m6ii, but with the view finder attached, what do you do for a flash?
              Good point - the M5 has a viewfinder & hot shoe. If they produce a MkII I would be tempted.
              Bob

EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, G12 Powershot, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

The 90D looks very tempting but does it restrict the use of flashguns to Canon only as in recent releases?
                7D, 400D, EF-S 15-85 f3.5/5.6, EF 100 f2.8 USM macro, Sigma 10-20 f4/5.6, Sigma 70-300 f4/5.6 APO, Sigma 50 f1.4, EF 28-90, EF 90-300, Sigma 150-600C, 430 EXll, Yongnuo 568 EX ll, Yongnuo Triggers, Yongnuo YN14-EX Ring Flash

Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/94610707@N05/

Comment

Brian,
                  just taken delivery of a 90D and will be giving it a workout at the BTCC at Brands this weekend (weather permitting). If I have any worthwhile pics I will post them and give short appraisal.
                  Richard

Comment

Met a chappy in a hide at the weekend and he had traded his 7D MKII for the 90D and was delighted with it. I didn't go into too much detail, but he reckoned all the advantages of the 7D MKII with some improvements.
                    Colin

Comment

I'm thinking about it to replace my 7D Mk2 which has seen better days. Problem with me my gear gets a hell of a pounding in what I do other than on here. Hence the trade in value is next to nothing.
                      Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                      https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I would check that 90D is as robust as your 7Dmkll first then Trev .

Comment

Further to my previous post, have now decided against going for the 90D. Had a few friends in last night to photograph the badgers, and one of them had one. As Lepus put said it don't seem robust, a lot lighter than the 7D Mkll.
                          I should add that the shot he took with it were excellent
                          Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                          https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

I currently shoot with 5D MK IV, and am thinking of adding the 90D as a backup . Reviews I have read , this seems to be a very good body, with a battery grip of course.
                            Last edited by Greg Simpson; 27-01-2020, 01:27.

Comment

As training officer for my local club I get the chance to see and handle many different cameras. The 7D MkII is built like a tank and is of 'professional' quality. The 90 D is aluminium, polycarbonate and fiberglass and , therefore, less robust.
                              Alan

2 5D Mk IVs, EOS 3, Canon 20mm f2.8, Sigma 35mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 50mm f1.4 Art, Sigma 105mm f1.4 Art, Canon 85mm f1.4, Tamron 24-70 f2.8, Sigma 70-200 f2.8 OS Sport and Sigma 150mm f2.8 macro.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Working...
                              X