7D focus expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

7D focus expansion

Hi all may I ask a question to the knowledgeable EOS members? My 4 expansion points have gone missing, they are there when you cycle through what you have set as options, but disappear once selected! I have tried turning it off and on, pulling the batteries for 10 mins, removing expansion as an option, turn off and on then reselecting. Still no go?

Any thoughts gratefully received
    Kev....

Re: 7D focus expansion

Erm, not sure... I think it only shows the selected point unless it needs to use the expansion point in which case it lights up the one that's used instead?
    Canon EOS7D mkII+BG-E16, Canon EOS 7D+BG-E7, Canon EF-S 10-22 f/3.5-4.5, Tamron Di-II 17-50 f2.8, Canon EF 24-105 f/4L IS, Canon EF 70-200 f/4L, Sigma 30mm f1.4 DC HSM 'Art', Canon EF 50mm f/1.4 USM, Sigma 1.4x DG, Canon Speedlight 430EX II (x2)

Comment

All sorted, the answer was - custom function III-9. If set to 1, all AF points show at all times; when set to 0 only the active points show when shooting.

Comment

Custom Functions are marvellous to allow you to customise the way the camera works for your style of shooting.

The downside is that many interact and your have to learn and understand what does what.

Colin
        Colin

Comment

Very true Colin, however I am sure I could see them before as the camera has been set this way for a month or so yet yesterday they just disappeared? Never mind though I am happy the problem is sorted :)

Comment

Working...
          X