Today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today

Here are some picture I took today please give any suggestions that i might change to make a better picture using the eos camera.

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Re: Today

Firstly for the portraits: Try to get to the same eye level as the child - look them straight in the eye. The second picture looks like the back of the head is out of focus, which on F14 is a bit surprising - were you using manual focus?

The rose is pretty much perfect, although I would have moved the petal at the bottom of the picture

Nice set of first posted pictures
    ef-r

Comment

3 nice pictures, as Brian has suggested if you can get down to the eye level of the children that woukld improve them, same with animals try and get to their level.

I like the rose the only other suggestions I would add for thapicture, and this is just my view, if you could tone down the very bright spot at the top of the picture and just to the right of the rose that would help, I would also probably trim a little off the left hand side to balance with the gap at the bottom of the rose.

Nice to see some of your pictures keep them coming.

Comment

Thank you both for the suggestions, I use manual focus for the first time, and yes I will post more pictures soon.
        https://www.flickr.com/photos/michaelkphotowork/

Comment

I think both are charming portraits, number one is cropped very tight probably because of the background, so there is the first improvement area. Either try to exclude clutter in the background by varying your or your subjects position. If that is not possible, use a wide aperture and/or a longer lens to get a bit of background blur. This can also be achieved in software to some degree.

It looks to me as if all of these shots are otherwise direct from the camera and could do with a bit of sharpening( particularly to the eyes) to give more impact. Well done, nice shots!

Peter.

Comment

Working...
          X