1Dx MKIII

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1Dx MKIII

I can resist anything except temptation, so with that in mind, I collected my new 1Dx MKIII today. Looks and feels the same as my MKII, but so much is new I have got some learning to do. With the weather this weekend I won't be going out Saturday or Sunday, but there looks to be some light around on Monday.

Most surprised that Canon have delivered earlier than promised ............. their delivery date have generally been a work of fiction.

A little disappointed that there is no card reader in the box. I understand that the original delivery from Sandisc were rejected and replacements come from China, delayed by the vagaries of Coronavirus. I have to reclaim direct from Canon UK and as and when stock is available, I will be allocated one. Direct upload for a few weeks then.
    Colin

I shall eagerly await your impressions of your new tool and images you make with it Colin
    Peter

Feel free to browse my
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Got mine this morning and low and behold storm Dennis arrives lol
      All the best
      Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Happy new cameras chaps.....looking forward to seeing the results of deep learning autofocus algorithms ....not sure why you need a card reader....isn’t USBC direct faster?
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Well done Peter and happy new toy.

In many respects storm Dennis has helped me, in that, I can take the time to set things up properly and even double check my settings and options.

I did have a problem uploading images though, as I have only ever used a card reader. I connected the cable and the computer and camera wouldn't/couldn't talk to each other, so I tried to get them to communicate through Bluetooth and that didn't work either. I then tried another tack and downloaded the latest version of Canon EOS Utility and that worked up to a point - I could see Jpeg files, but not RAW files. I then downloaded the very latest version of Canon's DPP and hey presto, I can view and process RAW files.

There seems to be a bit more dialling in on this beastie, but a couple of stormy days should take care of that. It looks like I get a break in the weather on Monday and I look forward to using it in anger!
          Colin

Comment

not sure why you need a card reader....isn’t USBC direct faster?
            Not sure Brian, I have always used a card reader. I have something in my dim and distant pass that says you should always use a card reader, so the computer can "Pull" the images from the card, rather than without, where the camera "Pushes" the images to the computer. This is the first time I have ever used a cable to connect to the computer and both the cable and previous use of the card reader are pretty quick.

I think I just like the comfort factor of a card reader, as I have always used one.
            Colin

Comment

Online manual is 961 pages and that is a single language....... lots of new features to learn about as well as the AF.... compared to 1Dx2 setting etc...

All the best
              Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Already downloaded ........... bit of late night reading, but I don't think I will be printing it out.
                Colin

Comment

I went and printed it using double sided printing

IMG_0071.jpg
                  All the best
                  Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Oooh ........... that is rather a lot. I'll speak nicely to Mrs C and see if she'll print it out at work - in colour.
                    Colin

Comment

Done mine in colour, its the black ink that gets used mainly only a small amount of colour used
                      All the best
                      Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Had a friend that collected his yesterday and there was only one CFexpress card, which was the one in the box. When he asked about the second card he was told he needed to reclaim from Canon.

Hmmm ............ something not quite right there. The one in the box was from Canon, second one should have been from the dealer.
                        Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                          Had a friend that collected his yesterday and there was only one CFexpress card, which was the one in the box. When he asked about the second card he was told he needed to reclaim from Canon.

Hmmm ............ something not quite right there. The one in the box was from Canon, second one should have been from the dealer.
                          Agree one in box is from Canon.
                          What dealer was it and are ALL dealers doing the extra card ? I know WEX and Park are.
                          All the best
                          Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

The dealer was Castle Cameras.

My understanding is that a card and reader were from Canon and an extra card from the dealer.
                            Colin

Comment

Colin, does not look like they were giving an extra card away just the Canon offer of Reader and Card. (Just looked on website).
                              All the best
                              Peter Woods LRPS

My Web Site

Comment

Working...
                              X