Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Farider
    replied
    Happy days playing with your new toys chaps, sounds like it’ll take a time to get familiar enough with it for operating it to become intuitive.

Never used a card reader, for my cameras I either link wirelessly to the iPad or by cable to the Mac, both schemes work well for me but it may well be different for the new cards in this model. Definitely don’t print out any manuals, electronic manuals are far more convenient for me (and I haven’t the space to store printed ones)

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Colin, does not look like they were giving an extra card away just the Canon offer of Reader and Card. (Just looked on website).

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied
    The dealer was Castle Cameras.

My understanding is that a card and reader were from Canon and an extra card from the dealer.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Originally posted by colin C View Post
    Had a friend that collected his yesterday and there was only one CFexpress card, which was the one in the box. When he asked about the second card he was told he needed to reclaim from Canon.

Hmmm ............ something not quite right there. The one in the box was from Canon, second one should have been from the dealer.
    Agree one in box is from Canon.
    What dealer was it and are ALL dealers doing the extra card ? I know WEX and Park are.

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied
    Had a friend that collected his yesterday and there was only one CFexpress card, which was the one in the box. When he asked about the second card he was told he needed to reclaim from Canon.

Hmmm ............ something not quite right there. The one in the box was from Canon, second one should have been from the dealer.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Done mine in colour, its the black ink that gets used mainly only a small amount of colour used

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied
    Oooh ........... that is rather a lot. I'll speak nicely to Mrs C and see if she'll print it out at work - in colour.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    I went and printed it using double sided printing

IMG_0071.jpg

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied
    Already downloaded ........... bit of late night reading, but I don't think I will be printing it out.

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Online manual is 961 pages and that is a single language....... lots of new features to learn about as well as the AF.... compared to 1Dx2 setting etc...

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied
    not sure why you need a card reader....isn’t USBC direct faster?
    Not sure Brian, I have always used a card reader. I have something in my dim and distant pass that says you should always use a card reader, so the computer can "Pull" the images from the card, rather than without, where the camera "Pushes" the images to the computer. This is the first time I have ever used a cable to connect to the computer and both the cable and previous use of the card reader are pretty quick.

I think I just like the comfort factor of a card reader, as I have always used one.

Leave a comment:

• colin C
    replied
    Well done Peter and happy new toy.

In many respects storm Dennis has helped me, in that, I can take the time to set things up properly and even double check my settings and options.

I did have a problem uploading images though, as I have only ever used a card reader. I connected the cable and the computer and camera wouldn't/couldn't talk to each other, so I tried to get them to communicate through Bluetooth and that didn't work either. I then tried another tack and downloaded the latest version of Canon EOS Utility and that worked up to a point - I could see Jpeg files, but not RAW files. I then downloaded the very latest version of Canon's DPP and hey presto, I can view and process RAW files.

There seems to be a bit more dialling in on this beastie, but a couple of stormy days should take care of that. It looks like I get a break in the weather on Monday and I look forward to using it in anger!

Leave a comment:

• @imagesBV
    replied
    Happy new cameras chaps.....looking forward to seeing the results of deep learning autofocus algorithms ....not sure why you need a card reader....isn’t USBC direct faster?

Leave a comment:

• Pete
    replied
    Got mine this morning and low and behold storm Dennis arrives lol

Leave a comment:

• ST-EOS
    replied
    I shall eagerly await your impressions of your new tool and images you make with it Colin

Leave a comment:

Working...
X