Intermittent Sensor problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Intermittent Sensor problem

On occasions I am getting a blue and red vertical line on a blue sky background. I have tried different lenses and the "problem" is still there when shooting raw. Other than "sky" shots there is no problem. Is this a sensor problem? I am attaching a jpg which shows this to the left of the mast. Camera EOS 5DIII. Any suggestions please? Many thanks, Mike
    You do not have permission to view this gallery.
    This gallery has 1 photos.
    Mike in South Australia
    Cameras
    EOS 5Dlll and EOS 5DII
    Lens Tamron 24-70mm f2.8, and 70-200mm f2.8, Canon EF 17-40mm L f4, Canon EF 200mm L f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.8, TCs x1.4 II and x2 II, 12mm extender.
    Equipment Manfrotto Tripod with Really Right Stuff ball head, Speedlite 430EX and Yongnuo YN568EX, plus other bits and pieces.

I think you've captured the Apollo space craft going to Mars Sorry just my twisted sense of humour. Cant help but from what you say regarding various lens, I would say the problem is within the camera, no doubt one of brains on here will know the answer.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

It is more like chinese broken down rockets fall back to earth. On a serious side have you done a sensor clean manually? there may be a bit of dust that is reacting to blue light?

Comment

It could be a sensor or processing problem ....of course each point of colour is made up of three Pixels with different filters on each....so it could be a damaged filter, blocked filter on the sensor or faulty processing of data from the sensor ...a sensor clean might sort it out perhaps or if it’s a data processing error then a full reset of the camera....Id try a sensor clean first. It’s would be more prevalent on blue just because of the colour mix....the fault might still be there against different colours...might be interesting to photograph some primary colour cards. Just my thoughts.
        Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Many thanks for your thoughts. I will try your ideas and report back. Processing software is of course AP - what else!! I haven't done a sensor clean so that will be my first try.
          Mike in South Australia
          Cameras
          EOS 5Dlll and EOS 5DII
          Lens Tamron 24-70mm f2.8, and 70-200mm f2.8, Canon EF 17-40mm L f4, Canon EF 200mm L f2.8, Canon EF 50mm f1.8, TCs x1.4 II and x2 II, 12mm extender.
          Equipment Manfrotto Tripod with Really Right Stuff ball head, Speedlite 430EX and Yongnuo YN568EX, plus other bits and pieces.

Comment

A brief follow up now there has been a clear winter blue sky! I have done a sensor clean and, this only appears with the blue sky and not with clouds. I have not seen it in any other of my images so I can easily live with it. Should I get a visionary moment I will advise further!! All the best, Mike
            Mike in South Australia
            Cameras
            EOS 5Dlll and EOS 5DII

Comment

Working...
            X