Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

RF cameras and APS sensors (think 7D2 upgrade)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RF cameras and APS sensors (think 7D2 upgrade)

I'm thinking that Canon aren't planning to ever do APS in the RF mount, but keep that at FF and so further away from wherever Cell-Phones' Computational Photography takes them...

So they then leave the EOS-M line for the market that likes small-and-cute, which is quite large in the Far East and, judging by M50 sales, not so bad elsewhere either.

Do what about the 7D2/D500 crowd waiting for a 7D3/D500s-D550?

Well maybe that is already here... get an R6, which has the 1DxIII's sensor (maybe slightly tweaked, but basically that), 12fps mechanical, 20fps Electronic, DPAF2, huge buffer, AI AF (Bird detect anyone), plus the 600/11 and 800/11 lenses (same as f/7.1 on APS), and the 100-500 II for people after a zoom...

What do you think?

Don't discount the M-Series. I currently have the M6MKII and It can shot up to 14 fps. I use the EF Adapter and the EVF when I take it birding and for sports. As for travel it is a very nice and light camera to carry.

Tom

Comment

Originally posted by tesarver View Post
      Don't discount the M-Series. I currently have the M6MKII and It can shot up to 14 fps. I use the EF Adapter and the EVF when I take it birding and for sports. As for travel it is a very nice and light camera to carry.

Tom
      Tom, how do you find using it without a viewfinder?
      If Canon brought out an M5 Mkii I'd be first in line to get one for travelling - assuming I can again!
      Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Originally posted by bobowen View Post

Tom, how do you find using it without a viewfinder?
        If Canon brought out an M5 Mkii I'd be first in line to get one for travelling - assuming I can again!
        It’s easy, almost like using a cell phone, but with more control of the camera. When I am using it for birds or sports, I attach the EVF, street photography I use it w/o the EVF

Tom

Comment

Thanks Tom.

I'm a traditionalist - it's the 'almost like using a cell phone' that puts me off!
          Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.

Comment

Originally posted by bobowen View Post
            Thanks Tom.

I'm a traditionalist - it's the 'almost like using a cell phone' that puts me off!
            You can always use the EVF, as I have it on most of the time. The controls are similar to the DLSR, how ever the focus is faster and the tracking is much better with or without the EVF.

Tom

Comment

I think the M series and the RF series are the new 'current' formats with EF being slowly phased out of manufacture except for maybe satisfying the die-hard full frame addicts that just don't do EVF at the very top end.

There are no RF bodies with affordability to match the XXXXD and XXXD EF series at present....I think that market is satisfied by M series. The baseline for the RF may continue to be the RP....which is great value as priced similarly to XXD and specified as well as an XD (i.e. RP=6D).
              Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Working...
              X