Mirrorless EOS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mirrorless EOS

I've been away from photography for a wee while and in the past year I've invested in a mirrorless system.
    The R system looks amazing but for me just way too costly.
    So I've upgraded my M series.
    As I already owned a Canon EOS M3 and 1 lens which I seem to use all the time, I purchased 3 more lenses and this week I have just bought the Canon EOS M6 MKII body.
    The M6 MKII is amazing especially with the 32mm ef-m f1.4 lens.
    The only thing that annoys me is that I have recently read that Canon will not be investing in the M system in the future.

This I think will be a mistake, as I think it is a superb system at an affordable price as the R system is currently way out of my reach.
    Hope to post some pictures soon.

Alan Campbell
    Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

I'm with you there. I've sold all my EF-S gear and am happy with my M50 and load of lenses. I am eagerly waiting for a new M body as the M6 MK II just doesn't quite do it for me.
    I am now seriously considering selling my 5D MK III and all the lenses!

Comment

if you don't mind imports you can get a full frame RP for less than and M6II.....there are several new RF (non L/more affordable) lenses similarly priced to M series.
      If investing and concerned about future proofing I think that's the way I'd go but i cant see M series suddenly becoming unavailable anytime soon.
      Brian Vickers LRPS

brianvickersphotography.com

Comment

Originally posted by collywobbles View Post
        I'm with you there. I've sold all my EF-S gear and am happy with my M50 and load of lenses. I am eagerly waiting for a new M body as the M6 MK II just doesn't quite do it for me.
        I am now seriously considering selling my 5D MK III and all the lenses!
        I've had the M6mkii for a couple of weeks now and can honestly say it's a cracking camera and build quality is superb.....14 fps too.
        Pin sharp with the 32 mm f1.4 lens and I've just ordered a Sigma 56mm f1.4 lens as it gets a good Write up and looks to give amazing results for portraits.
        All of which I intend to use for family weddings etc.

My M3 is now being used for digiscoping via the appropriate adapters and spotting scope.
        However I still have the trusty 7D to use with the f4L which is a good combination.

All EOS of course

Alan
        Last edited by Alan Campbell; 07-02-2021, 16:43.
        Canon 7D...Canon EF 100mm f/2.8L is...Canon EF 300mm f4L is...Canon 1.4x extender MK ll...Canon 28-135mm f3.5-5.6 is usm...Canon 50mm f1.8 stm... speedlite 430 EX11...Canon EOS-M3...18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 is stm...

Comment

Working...
        X