Spares for 7D.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spares for 7D.

Hello all, I recently purchased a used 7D in 'excellent' condition from MPB and it is indeed in very presentable condition. However when I changed the battery all settings were lost and required a reset. I guessed the clock / back up battery needed replacing, not surprising in an old camera, but when I went to replace it the plastic holder was missing as well as the battery.
    I have contacted MPB who seem to have tried but they don't have a spare holder in stock. I suppose it will have to come from a faulty camera only suitable for spares.
    My question is does anyone know where I might get a holder? And what it may cost.
    Thanks for reading.
    John.

If that were me I would demand a refund from MPB, did they state when you bought it that parts were missing, if not demand your money back.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Thanks Trev.

No, MPB didn't state there were bits missing and as I said described the camera as in excellent condition. It is a week since I reported the problem and they have now offered to send me a new battery (not much use without the holder!) and may offer me 'a partial refund for the plastic battery holder' if I would like.

I imagine it was taken out to reset to factory settings prior to sale by either the previous owner or MPB's warehouse team and then not refitted. I will try to negotiate a decent refund but before doing so I thought it might be worth asking here as to the likelihood of getting a holder and it's likely cost. I have tried eBay and there were a couple but not the right size for this model.

It is not a big deal for me setting up after changing batteries as it is not my main camera, I have a 77D, I just wanted to have a 'play' with a big camera. Haha. It is a nuisance though and I would like it to be 'intact' as they say.

Before this I had not even thought about a clock / back up battery and having looked into it I understand that in later models it is a rechargeable battery on the 'motherboard', if that is the right expression, and if that fails it is an expensive repair job. Probably rare to fail but worrying nonetheless.

Regards,
      John.

Comment

John, I would still not them get away with it, if it were the other way round and you were selling, they would reject it. I would want a full re-fund or they put the camera in full working order.
        Last edited by Trev B; 24-05-2021, 20:04.
        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

You should really get MPB to give you a full refund, their description of the goods are not correct. Don't let them get away with this misrepresentation.
          I have seen recent posts on another forum regarding poor service from MPB.
          private message me if you want the details of the forum I refer to. MPB seem to respond directly to posts on that forum.
          I agree with Trev, I'd the boot was on the other foot they would have rejected goods you were offering for sale or offer a lesser price than they originally quoted
          Peter

Feel free to browse my
          Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/the_original_st/

Comment

Thank you Trev and Peter. I agree with you and have emailed MPB along those lines. Would prefer to just have the holder supplied as I really don't want the hassle of returning the camera and then worrying whether the full refund will come. I have seen from Trust Pilot that their treatment of sellers appears to be less than fair.

John.

Comment

Isn’t it strange that normally on this forum there is nothing but praise for MPB, suddenly one member complains and other faults with that company come out of the woodwork. Would be good to know if others agree with my opinion of MPB that it is nothing more than a very fair company (usually).

Comment

Hi Daisy.

I am sorry to have upset you but I didn't complain about MPB and indeed wrote a favourable review on Trust Pilot. I was merely asking should anyone know, if or where I could obtain a spare part and the cost.

So far MPB have not been able to supply the part but it has only been 12 days. However their tentative offer of a partial refund indicates to me that they have given up trying to get the part. We will see and if they get one to me I will be full of praise for their after sales service.

Regards,

John.

Comment

Originally posted by Daisy M View Post
                  Isn’t it strange that normally on this forum there is nothing but praise for MPB, suddenly one member complains and other faults with that company come out of the woodwork. Would be good to know if others agree with my opinion of MPB that it is nothing more than a very fair company (usually).
                  David, I've had no dealings with MPB, my reply to John's post would have been the same from whatever Company he had bought the camera from. In no way was I knocking MPB.
                  Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Firstly John your question did not upset me, nor what Trev stated, I was just saying how a reputation of a company can be seen by others.

Comment

Working...
                    X