Canon R5 is the 2nd most used Canon camera on flickr

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon R5 is the 2nd most used Canon camera on flickr

What I found amazing is that it took a year and 10 days since announcement to be that popular

The safest and most inclusive global community of photography enthusiasts. The best place for inspiration, connection, and sharing!

swEa2vI.png

The story how smartphones brought back sales of dedicated still cameras to pre-2007 numbers

As smartphone cameras become more advanced, they have replaced the need for consumer-grade, and soon, professional-grade, digital cameras.

vZrfIyZ.png

It explains why Nikon & Canon are not spending any more R&D resources to further develop future dSLR bodies, lenses & accessories while still manufacturing existing SKUs based on demand.

Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos. :)

These sort of stats are all pretty meaningless as there are so many other factors that affect the results. i recall the the 5D4 gaining a similar position but I seldom saw anybody using one and in my camera club I was the only user.
    Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SpringfieldPhoto View Post
      These sort of stats are all pretty meaningless as there are so many other factors that affect the results. i recall the the 5D4 gaining a similar position but I seldom saw anybody using one and in my camera club I was the only user.
      That's worldwide rather than localized camera club. ;-)

Nikon popularized the SLR camera in the 50s with the F, and its DSLRs have been a top pro choice for years. Now, Nikon has reportedly stopped developing new ...

Comment

According to recent stats DSLRs outsold mirrorless cameras last year. I suspect that was because of supply difficulties but the stats don't take that into account. There are lies, damned lies and then there are statistics
        Last edited by SpringfieldPhoto; 23-07-2022, 14:19.
        Alan

No longer using Canon but still teaching new Canon users (and others) the gentle art of Photography.

http://www.springfield-photography.com/

Comment

Originally posted by SpringfieldPhoto View Post
          According to recent stats DSLRs outsold mirrorless cameras last year. I suspect thar was because of supply difficulties but the stats don't take that into account. There are lies, damned lies and then thwere are statistics

Per CIPA numbers 2020 & 2021 shipped more mirrorless bodies than dSLRs

Canon & Nikon both announced that 2020 will be the last year new models of dSLR bodies, lenses & accessories will be announced.

They will continue to produce in-demand dSLR bodies, lenses & accessories that were announced from 2015-2020 so long as people still buy.

As the RF system was 1st introduced in 2018 will Canon still be mass producing EF system until as late as year 2028?
          |
          |
          BH's Canon EF body Best Seller's list is ranked as follows
          |
          |
          Annoucement Date Body Replacement BH Best Sellers Memory Card Image Sensor $
          2018-02-26 EOS 2000D T7 - 1 SD APS-C 479
          2015-02-06 EOS 5DS R EOS R5 2 CF & SD Full Frame 1,499
          2019-08-28 EOS 90D EOS R10 3 SD APS-C 1,199
          2016-08-25 EOS 5D Mark IV EOS R5 4 CF & SD Full Frame 2,699
          2020-02-12 EOS 850D T8i - 5 SD APS-C 749
          2019-04-10 EOS 250D SL3 - 6 SD APS-C 649
          2017-06-29 EOS 6D Mark II EOS R6 7 SD Full Frame 1,399
          2020-01-07 EOS-1D X Mark III EOS R3 8 CFexpress Type B Full Frame 4,499
          2016-02-02 EOS-1D X Mark II EOS-1D X Mark III 9 CF & CFast Full Frame 6,499
          |
          |
          Last edited by dolina; 20-07-2022, 18:48.

Comment

To paraphrase a certain well known film quote, "Frankly my dear, who gives a damn..."
            Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
              To paraphrase a certain well known film quote, "Frankly my dear, who gives a damn..."

lol same here. lol

Comment

Originally posted by El Sid View Post
                Glad you said it, I was thinking the same
                Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Working...
                X