Get less ISO noise at higher ISO sensitivity

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get less ISO noise at higher ISO sensitivity

This has been verified by me with EF bodies from 2003 EOS 10D up to 2015 EOS 5Ds R. RF bodies like the 2020 EOS R5 & 2022 EOS R7 may have this. Owners may want to verify. To reduce whatThis has been verified by me with EF bodies from 2003 EOS 10D up to 2015 EOS 5Ds R.

RF bodies like the 2020 EOS R5 & 2022 EOS R7 may have this. Owners may want to verify.

To reduce whatever ISO noise Canon has a weird ISO increments of every ISO 160.

So ISO

- so on and so forth

These ISOs are cleaner than the next 1/3rd bump or bump downever ISO noise Canon has a weird ISO increments of every ISO 160. So ISO - 160 - 320 - 640 - 1250 - 2500 - 5000 - 10,000 - so on and so forth These ISOs are cleaner than the next 1/3rd bump or bump down
    Visit my Flickr, Facebook & 500px and see my photos. :)

With one exception all my cameras (which doesn't the option) I have set the custom option to the switch ISO by whole stops on the basis that if I need to change the ISO it should be by a significant factor. If I want finer control then that's what shutter speed and aperture are for. Of course this only applies to manual exposure mode, in auto modes you get what you are given.

The fact of the matter is that the higher the ISO the more noise you get. There's been plenty written on the web about noise at intermediate ISO being worse but as far as I know it's never been definitively proved that this is so...
    Nigel

You may know me from Another Place....

The new ElSid Photogallery...

Equipment: Far too much to list - including lots of Nikon...

Comment

Working...
    X