R5 Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

R5 Settings

Hi guys, no one seemed to come up with any ideas from my last post regarding this so I would be grateful if someone could try this out on their own R5 and see if the same issue occurs.
    Select mode P, reset camera and C1,2,3. Go to the yellow menu and select "Record func+card/folder sel." Change (Picture) Rec options to Rec.separately. Change some other settings such as auto focus, eye tracking etc. and register these settings to C1. Select mode P, select yellow menu and change "Record func+card/folder sel" back to standard and also change the auto focus, eye tracking etc. Select C1 and see if the yellow "Record func+card/folder sel" has changed back to standard which it has on my R5, auto focus etc remain as changed, i.e. all the settings registered to C1 have been stored with the sole exception of the "Record func+card/folder sel" setting.

I think someone from Headshed might be able to answer this.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Originally posted by Charles View Post
      Hi guys, no one seemed to come up with any ideas from my last post regarding this so I would be grateful if someone could try this out on their own R5 and see if the same issue occurs.
      Select mode P, reset camera and C1,2,3. Go to the yellow menu and select "Record func+card/folder sel." Change (Picture) Rec options to Rec.separately. Change some other settings such as auto focus, eye tracking etc. and register these settings to C1. Select mode P, select yellow menu and change "Record func+card/folder sel" back to standard and also change the auto focus, eye tracking etc. Select C1 and see if the yellow "Record func+card/folder sel" has changed back to standard which it has on my R5, auto focus etc remain as changed, i.e. all the settings registered to C1 have been stored with the sole exception of the "Record func+card/folder sel" setting.
      Although the instruction manual for the EOS R5 doesn't specify which settings you can or cannot program as part of the Custom Shooting modes, on previous EOS cameras only certain settings can be saved. Looking at the EOS 5D Mark IV manual, for example (screenshot below), it lists only 12 of the Set-up (yellow) menu functions as possible programming options. Record func. is not listed amongst those as an option to save.

With the Record func. + card/folder sel it's likely that this isn't included because it's dependent on which card slots are occupied at the time of shooting, and the Record func. behaviour can be affected by the order in which cards are inserted, in spite of which settings are selected.

Screenshot 2023-03-22 at 16.17.39.png
      Attached Files

Comment

Working...
      X