Canon EOS 6D Card Slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon EOS 6D Card Slot

The SD card felt a little stiff when I removed it from my 6D. I downloaded the images and after doing my usual 3 back up copies placed the card back prior to formatting.

The card went in Ok but I got an error message 'No card in camera'. I removed the card and examined the inside of the reader and the card itself and everything looks normal apart from some scratches on either side of the card. On the 6D there is another slot alongside the reader with what looks like a micro switch for the camera door(?). If you close this switch (carefully with a micro screwdriver) with no card in the reader the same error message appears. This other slot is not on my 6D mkii body.

The card itself can be read on my other bodies so it looks like the card reader is faulty. Googling the problem suggests that the reader is an integal part of the PCB which sounds expensive especially for a 7 year old body.

Before I decide what to do, does anyone have any experince of card readers failing and if so what did you do?
    Bob

EOS 6D mkII, EOS 6D, BG-E13 Grip, EOS 30 (Film), EOS M5, EF-M 22mm f2.0, EF-M 18-150mm, 35mm f2.0 IS, 50mm f1.8 STM, 17-40 f4 L, 24-105 f4 L IS, 70-200f4 L IS, 430EX II, 270EX II, Manfrotto 190XDB +496RC2 tripod, Op Tech straps & Think Tank bags.
Working...
X