problem with tamaron 90mm and adapter for Canon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

problem with tamaron 90mm and adapter for Canon

I have a great Tamaron 90mm F2.5 and a tamaron lens doubler, mated to an EOS to tamaron mount.

It works well with EOS 500 and strangely with my Canon 500D!

Problem is it will not work with other EOS cameras.EG: 1000FN, Eos 10, EOS 100, EOS 600RT, or EOS 1000F.

The lens fits fine but when I press the shutter button it closes [mirror moves?] and I have a blank screen and the battery warning flashes on the LCD. I turn off camera,press shutter and I have a clear viewfinder again.I have tried in all of the cameras modes.

Any idea why this occurs please?

Thanks.

Re: problem with tamaron 90mm and adapter for Canon

An obvious thought is that there is a communication problem between lens and some of the bodies.

I would take the EOS adapter off the lens and clean any contacts quite vigorously with a micrfibre cloth, then I would re-fit the adapter and clean the contacts on the body side of the adapter. Then I would ensure that fresh batteries were in the bodies that wouldn't work and then clean the contacts on the body and then the other bodies in turn.

Then I would fit the lens to a body and see if there is any improvement, if not, try the next body etc.

Good luck

Colin
    Colin

Comment

Working...
    X