Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which film camera did you like the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which film camera did you like the best?

my first film slr was the ftb-n with the 50mm 1.8 and the 135mm 3.5 sc. I still have it plus a ae1 program

went to digital via a Sony bridge camera.
    ti1 70D 5Dmk3 10-22 ef-s 50mm1.8 mk1 70-200 4 is l 400 5.6l 100mm macro is l 18-135 stm ef-s
    1.4 tele mk3 now the 85 1.8 ef lens 16-35 4 is l 50 1.4 canon

Comment

The EOS 5, probably my least favourite EOS film camera which is probably why I have 2 at the moment. No my favourite EOS film camera is undoubtedly the EOS 1. I bought mine secondhand in 1992 and it is still my go to film camera, with or without the PB-E1, unless I need a small, lightewight camera in which case I'll use my EOS 30. The EOS 1's focussing is accurate if a little slow, at least it only has one focus point which simplifies the whole process, and it runs on AA batteries, lots of AA batteries.

Comment

My first camera was a Zenit 3M, which was totally manual and was a great way to learn about photography. My favourite would probably be my Pentax LX, which was a great camera, though I'd probably find it a bit dated now. After a trip to Florida with a professional photographer in 1997 I was persuaded to convert to Canon and have used them ever since. My most recent film cameras, which I still have, are an EOS 3 and EOS 1V. It would be interesting to buy a couple of rolls of film and try them out again. Can you still buy film?

Brian
        http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

I bought an EOS 650 just about as soon as it was released and it was a big step up from the cameras I'd used until then. I later added a EOS 5 but didn't really gel with it so would have to say the 650 has been my favourite.

I still have both but the grip on the EOS 5 has become a sticky mess which, I understand, is common.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Still have my eos 650 with the Carl zeiss 55-200 and my minolta x-700 with the 28-70

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

This is an easy one for me. A Pentax 67 Mk.2 outfit that I sold to fund the switch to digital around 2007. It is the only camera of all the many that I have owned to date that I regret selling and I miss it to this day, {sob}. Regards, Ian Paul

Comment

In the used area of my favourite camera shop, I saw a blast from the past and nearly bought it just for nostalgia reasons. A Zenit Photosniper.

How I lusted after one of those during the day.

sniper 2.jpg

sniper 3.jpg
                Attached Files
                Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                  In the used area of my favourite camera shop, I saw a blast from the past and nearly bought it just for nostalgia reasons. A Zenit Photosniper.

How I lusted after one of those during the day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17246[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17245[/ATTACH]
                  This brings back memories of a rather amusing incident some years ago. I too lusted after one of those, not to be out done I converted an old air rifle, cut the barrow off and made a bracket above the trigger to mount the camera - I think it was the AE1 and 200 mm lens. Converted an old cable release and fitted to the trigger and I was ready to go! I live in an area that is surrounded by military training. Someone saw me with this home made contraption and thought I was a terrorist with a Rocket propelled grenade launcher - they phoned the police. They were not amused but could do very little about it, it was no longer a gun but a stock with a camera mounted to it. It would not be the ideal thing to carry around in this day and age. Although I very often think about it and how handy it would be with a long lens to be able to get the stock stuck into your shoulder - keep the camera nice and steady.
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

For me, it was the Canon AE-1 P SLR, but before that, the Canonette S f/1.7 coupled rangefinder, which had superb optics.
                    Dave

Comment

As a youngster of about eight or nine, my friend had one of these we used to play soldiers with, one day it dissapeared and he told me his dad had sold it with a lot of other metal as scrap!! We were both gutted.

leftside.jpg
                      Last edited by TonyT; 06-02-2020, 14:15.
                      Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

As for the Zenith Sniper, so nearly bought one, but went with the Yashica FX2 instead. favourite was probably my Minolta XD7 which I owned before my Canon A1 which I still have.
                        Canon 1DX, 50D, EF500 F4.0 L, EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L I , EF100-400 f/4.5-5.6L II, EF70-200 f/2.8L II, EF180 f3.5L Macro, EF 24-105 f/4L, EF17-40 f/4L, EF2.0X III, EF1.4X III, 430EX II, MR-14EX...

Comment

I started out with a Canon EOS 630 in 1990 and have added a few over the years, and many recently from ebay because they are now SO CHEAP!

EOS 650
                          EOS 620
                          EOS 630
                          EOS 750
                          EOS RT
                          EOS EF-M (Manual Focus, uses EF lenses, but not technically an EOS camera)
                          EOS A2
                          EOS 5 with VG-10 Vertical Grip
                          EOS 1000FN with date back
                          EOS IX (APS film)
                          EOS 7NE with BP-300 Battery Pack (4 AA batteries)
                          EOS T2

I am really more of a collector than a shooter, but when I do shoot film, I prefer using the EOS 5. The EOS 5 is the International version of the A2E and has a couple of minor differences:

1) -2/+2 (in half-stops) exposure scale when in metered-manual mode (better than just an over/under indication)
                          2) Flash will both pop up when needed, and and auto retract when not needed (A2E flash won't retract, you just push it down manually)

Comment

My Canon A1, which I still use. Although I would have loved an EOS 1v, but the price was never sensible for the use I'd have got out of it.

Comment

My favorite was the Pentex Spotmatic F. Bought that camera with my re-enlistment bonus check in 1975 and kept it till I bout my 1st canon film camera in 1987 the EOS 620

Tom

Comment

First ever camera Olympus OM1 First Canon EOS 5 with eye calibration with five squares in the viewfinder which lit up red when you looked at them. But best film camera by far was the Bronice ETRSi.

Noticing the Zenit Photosniper above I had a Bushawk which was similar but the camera fired with the trigger it was good but put a lens on that was a bit to long or heavy and the balance was hopeless.

Comment

Working...
                                X