Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which film camera did you like the best?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Which film camera did you like the best?

my first film slr was the ftb-n with the 50mm 1.8 and the 135mm 3.5 sc. I still have it plus a ae1 program

went to digital via a Sony bridge camera.
    ti1 70D 5Dmk3 10-22 ef-s 50mm1.8 mk1 70-200 4 is l 400 5.6l 100mm macro is l 18-135 stm ef-s
    1.4 tele mk3 now the 85 1.8 ef lens 16-35 4 is l 50 1.4 canon

Comment

The EOS 5, probably my least favourite EOS film camera which is probably why I have 2 at the moment. No my favourite EOS film camera is undoubtedly the EOS 1. I bought mine secondhand in 1992 and it is still my go to film camera, with or without the PB-E1, unless I need a small, lightewight camera in which case I'll use my EOS 30. The EOS 1's focussing is accurate if a little slow, at least it only has one focus point which simplifies the whole process, and it runs on AA batteries, lots of AA batteries.

Comment

My first camera was a Zenit 3M, which was totally manual and was a great way to learn about photography. My favourite would probably be my Pentax LX, which was a great camera, though I'd probably find it a bit dated now. After a trip to Florida with a professional photographer in 1997 I was persuaded to convert to Canon and have used them ever since. My most recent film cameras, which I still have, are an EOS 3 and EOS 1V. It would be interesting to buy a couple of rolls of film and try them out again. Can you still buy film?

Brian
        http://www.cbnatureimages.co.uk

http://www.flickr.com/photos/101212171@N02/

Comment

I bought an EOS 650 just about as soon as it was released and it was a big step up from the cameras I'd used until then. I later added a EOS 5 but didn't really gel with it so would have to say the 650 has been my favourite.

I still have both but the grip on the EOS 5 has become a sticky mess which, I understand, is common.

Cheers,
          John

Comment

Still have my eos 650 with the Carl zeiss 55-200 and my minolta x-700 with the 28-70

Sent from my Mate 10 Pro using Tapatalk

Comment

This is an easy one for me. A Pentax 67 Mk.2 outfit that I sold to fund the switch to digital around 2007. It is the only camera of all the many that I have owned to date that I regret selling and I miss it to this day, {sob}. Regards, Ian Paul

Comment

In the used area of my favourite camera shop, I saw a blast from the past and nearly bought it just for nostalgia reasons. A Zenit Photosniper.

How I lusted after one of those during the day.

sniper 2.jpg

sniper 3.jpg
                Attached Files
                Colin

Comment

Originally posted by colin C View Post
                  In the used area of my favourite camera shop, I saw a blast from the past and nearly bought it just for nostalgia reasons. A Zenit Photosniper.

How I lusted after one of those during the day.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17246[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17245[/ATTACH]
                  This brings back memories of a rather amusing incident some years ago. I too lusted after one of those, not to be out done I converted an old air rifle, cut the barrow off and made a bracket above the trigger to mount the camera - I think it was the AE1 and 200 mm lens. Converted an old cable release and fitted to the trigger and I was ready to go! I live in an area that is surrounded by military training. Someone saw me with this home made contraption and thought I was a terrorist with a Rocket propelled grenade launcher - they phoned the police. They were not amused but could do very little about it, it was no longer a gun but a stock with a camera mounted to it. It would not be the ideal thing to carry around in this day and age. Although I very often think about it and how handy it would be with a long lens to be able to get the stock stuck into your shoulder - keep the camera nice and steady.
                  Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

For me, it was the Canon AE-1 P SLR, but before that, the Canonette S f/1.7 coupled rangefinder, which had superb optics.
                    Dave

Flickr:- https://www.flickr.com/photos/80192867@N06/

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!