Canon grip GR20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canon grip GR20

I am looking for the canon grip GR20. I find but a few listings in general internet searches. I found one on Etsy and two on Ebay. All three were actually the GR30, though they show the GR20 box in the photos. I thought that curious, but that is not my point for this post.
    If anyone has any info or suggestions, I'd appreciate it. Their is one in China or Japan, but I am not going to pay for the shipping. I should have said I am looking for one reasonable priced.
    I hope it is okay to post this type of request; if not let me know straight away.
    Thank you.

Is the GR20 the one with the cable release socket in it.
    Trev

Equipment - According to the wife more than a Camera Shop got

Flickr:
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/trevb2639/

Comment

Yes, Trev, the GR20 is the one with the socket. Harder to find than I would have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by jimbobway View Post
        Yes, Trev, the GR20 is the one with the socket. Harder to find than I would have thought.
        I thought I had one , just to refresh it was a pistol grip if I remember correctly. I thought I had one but had a rummage in two or three cupboards found everything but. I must have a good clear out of old gear, my wife tells me my office looks like a second hand camera shop. I will keep looking.
        Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Thanks, Trev. It is not really a pistol grip, I think, but it is the grip that conceals the battery compartment and is where you normally hold onto the camera with your right hand. The 650 came with the GR30; just a plain grip. The GR20 came standard with the 620 slr, and was an option you could purchase for the 650, replacing the standard 650 grip with one to which you could attach a cable release. The grips look identical almost, and they are identical in size and shape, etc (I think they may have used a modified mold to make one or the other). The difference is that they put a hole in the GR20 for the socket. Gr30.jpeg GR20.jpeg

Comment

No I'm thinking of something completely different. What I had and still got somewhere is as the name implies a Pistol Grip. The camera sit on top , there's a trigger that fires the shutter via a cable. -- Sorry
            Trev

Flickr:

Comment

Thanks for the thought, Trev. Truly appreciate it.

Comment

Hey. Just FYI, I found someone who had the GR20 grip and was able to acquire it from them. So, problem/request solved.

Comment

I want to add a note to this, not an edit.
                  One would think the grip I sought should not be so difficult to find. But such was not the case. Four posts out of an eventual six mistakenly were calling the GR30 a GR20. They had a GR20 box, but the grip in the pics was a GR30. The one that fooled me did not clearly show the side of the grip which would make it abundantly clear which grip it actually was.
                  Later, I contacted another person and pointed out the error. He emailed back a, thank you. However, he has yet to correct his image info. At least his picture is clear and anyone who knows what they are looking for won't buy it. Still , I'm surprised he did not correct it.

Comment

Working...
                  X