Eos 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eos 1

I could not resist bidding & winning a mint EOS 1 on Ebay a couple of weeks back. The build quality is exceptional. It felt very strange loading a film again. I have been out and about with it but I haven't as yet been inspired to take any pics as yet.............the film seems so precious!!!

Re: Eos 1

The EOS 1VHS was my camera of choice in the good days-not sure i would want to go back but i guess it could be fun

Dave

Comment

Originally posted by adversa View Post
      I could not resist bidding & winning a mint EOS 1 on Ebay a couple of weeks back. The build quality is exceptional. It felt very strange loading a film again. I have been out and about with it but I haven't as yet been inspired to take any pics as yet.............the film seems so precious!!!
      I hope you scan the results and post them for us to see!!!!!

EDIT. What film did you go for?
      Dave

Comment

It was great camera. It was the camera that started the trend of pros switching from Nikon in the early 90's.
        www.garywhite-photography.com
        Gary White, MPhil
        Travel Photographer

Comment

I still have and occasionally use my EOS 1N.

Colin
          Colin

Comment

I bought a 1N RS for £500 a few years ago. A truly excellent camera and the 'pinnacle' really - they dont make 'em like that anymore....it's a same I dont get to use it more....
            www.garywhite-photography.com
            Gary White, MPhil
            Travel Photographer

Comment

I fully agree with you. I had two "mint" EOS 3 ilm cameras which I sold after I got hooked on to digital photography. But I have no regrets as there are so many advantages with digital photography such as the possibility of seeing the image immediately on the LCD screen, less expensive- no films/slides to buy, can experiement by taking numerous photos without counting the cost etc.Anyway, the film cameras were mature technology.
              Canon 6D; Canon 760D;Canon G15;Canon 40mm f2.8(Pancake);Canon 50mm f1.8(ii); Canon 17mm-40mm f4L;Canon EF-S 10-18mm f4.5-5.6 IS STM;Canon EF-S 55-250mm f4-5.6 STM lens;Canon 24mm-105mmf4L IS;Canon 70-300mm f4-f5.6 L IS USM;Kenko 1.4x HD TC;Canon 430EX ii flash;Giottos tripod;Manfretto monopod;Cokin P filters + bits and pieces!

www.flickr.com/photos/nathaniel3390

North Wales where music and the sea give a great concert!

Comment

Hello Adversa,

you did an excellent purchase that will give you many satisfactions. Use an analog camera allows, in my opinion, to think more about photography, composition and just because the film is valuable and has a cost, to take when you are really sure of what you are doing.

I have one EOS 1V HS and two EOS 3 which I still use a lot, although I like digital too, and as long as you can continue to use both the slide and the film in black and white.

I love photography and I like both digital and film and use both doubles the pleasure of photographing.

Hello.

Marco :-)

Comment

Yes the EOS1 & EOS 3 great camera`s we would still be using them had digital not come along.
                  https://www.flickr.com/photos/fspimages

Donald Duck Rode To 500cc World Championships 1976 &1977.
                  Canon EOS 40 D 7 D - 5 D Mk II.Canon 100-400mm IS - Canon 24-105mm IS -
                  Canon 28-135mm IS - Canon 70-300mm IS - Canon 100mm 2.8 IS - Sigma 120-300mm Sigma 12-24 mm Sigma 10-20mm.

Doncaster Phoenix They Are The Future

Comment

Done a lot of press work with a EOS 1 and EOS 5

Comment

I've thought of buying one of the EOS-1 series cameras, but they seem like such large and heavy cameras. I'm curious as to how much trouble they are to lug around. Are they cumbersome to use for street photography? I would imagine that they're fine on a tripod in a studio, but might be overly conspicuous on the street. I usually see them with the power pack, which seems particularly huge to me. Without the power booster, I guess it's not too bad.

On the web I see Canon EOS 1V cameras and 1V-HS cameras (the power pack version included package) for sale. The price for the 1V is very reasonable (about $600 or €425) compared to former days. But I'm wondering if they're worth the money. I already have a Canon EOS Elan 7n (i.e., a 33v), which I enjoy. So, I'm not sure how much more I'd get out of the EOS 1V. The kid in me wants one to be able to join the alumni of EOS 1 series owners, regardless of whether there is a significant difference.
                      Last edited by russelljtdyer; 06-09-2011, 20:55.

Comment

Working...
                      X