X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 270EX and 30D not synchronising

Originally posted by Timandlucy View Post
    Only occasionally I get banded results.
    Intermittent fault. It would be useful to see a couple of pics using the flash, a banded pic and one without banding with exif.

Trev

Comment

Originally posted by Sarawak View Post
      Hello there. I see you are a new member. This is a very impolite first post, as is your duplicate post in another section of the forum. Very bad manners indeed. I've taken the trouble to report this to admin, who I presume will soon be in touch with you.

P.S. if you do have a problem then a polite, well structured question, after a suitable introduction from your good self, will usually bring better results than your present approach.

Kind regards

Sara W.
      You presume too much. As has been pointed out, there is nothing in the rules which says that you have to introduce yourself in the new members area and then reach a certain number of posts before you can ask a question. I am more concerned about this very negative response to a new member than I am about the double post. An apology would be appropriate - but I am not holding my breath.
      Robert
      robert@eos-magazine.com

Comment

You know Sara it is also polite to say where your location is so that people can understand the "idiosyncrasies" of members who come from different countries and different regions within a country so that when Tom, for example, spells colour as color we in the UK can forgive him as he lives in America and also we all know he is a friendly chap and will not take offence when we correct his American English after all the US and the UK are two countries separated by a common language.

I notice, Sara, that you do not show your location.....but never mind I will not report your obvious oversite to Robert....
        David

Comment

Couple of other possibilities spring to mind on reflection - could be a flashgun fault, or it could just be a communication problem - worth cleaning the shoe and contacts on both the gun and the camera to see if that helps.
          Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

P.S. if you do have a problem then a polite, well structured question, after a suitable introduction from your good self, will usually bring better results than your present approach.
            On checking the new members introductions I cant see that Sarah ever introduced herself - so its the classic "pot calling the kettle black"

Stan
            Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
            flickr

Comment

You can get FEC and FEL via the body, as far as 2nd curtain or HSS is concerned I’m not aware that the camera can initiate those modes in P

The only time I’ve got banding is when using manual triggers with a shutter speed near or above the camera’s sync speed.

I don’t know how the 270ex behaves as the batteries drain, with the 5 series the power gradually weakens then it conks out. It could be a connection prob as Nickorando says.

As for what Sara said, Robert has spoken on this, do we really need people queuing up to go on, and on, and on, and on………about it ?
              Maybe the people who have nothing constructive to say about the OPs problem should find someone else to gang up on, it’s supposed to be the season of goodwill and all that LOL

Trev
              Last edited by Trevoreast; 13-12-2012, 11:50.

Comment

Working...
              X