Interesting 600EX article from Canon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interesting 600EX article from Canon

If you have a 5DmkII, 7D or other pre-2012 camera I would suggest going to the last page and reading the last two paragraphs first, as that might influence your decision on whether to read the rest. If you have a recent camera body it does look the business though... well excluding the price that is...

John

Edit - oh, and it's written by Syl, so another thing in its favour...

Re: Interesting 600EX article from Canon

Very interesting John. Any thoughts on the technical reasons?

Comment

Originally posted by MX5 View Post
      Very interesting John. Any thoughts on the technical reasons?
      I'm sure there will be people on other forums saying it's because Canon crippled older bodies to force people to upgrade. ;)

I did find the article very interesting. I assume it's a hardware limitation, or it would surely be addressed with a firmware upgrade, at least for current cameras.
      Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

I would imagine (err, guess) the newer bodies have a way to delay the shutter release until all the flashes are good to go...

Comment

Thanks for the link, looks like I'll have to spend a little time ploughing through it!

The decreased sync-speed when using the 600's Radio Trigger was something I read about before buying my flash, though I've also read that it doesn't necessarily actually manifest itself as a limitation on all cameras. Also, using a third party radio-trigger (such as Yongnuo 622c's) bypasses the potential problem allowing full sync-speed and HSS, so it must be a (potential) limitation of the Canon radio system rather than a camera hardware issue.
          Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Working...
          X