Amazon lightning deal on EF70-200 f/2.8L IS II lens TODAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For anyone with any money left after Christmas, Amazon are discounting the EF70-200 f/2.8L IS II today for a VERY limited time.

The deal starts at 4.19pm and will only last for a limited time (or limited number of items sold), so you'll have to get in quick. The price will be announced at the time but expect around 10-20% off their normal price if other deals are anything to go by. It may be even more.

Scroll through the list to find it.

“If you're gonna be a maniac, pyro's not a good maniac.” Larry David
    "Go ahead and play The Blues if it'll make you happy". Homer J. Simpson
    "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
    "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

EOS 5D, 24-105L, 430EXII, G11

Re: Amazon lightning deal on EF70-200 f/2.8L IS II lens TODAY

What was the discount or i mean how much?

I bought my lens cheap brand New from one local store, so those offers are late for me and i can't ask more, have another more lenses cheaper offers or deals New would like to get, online now became not my best first friend to buy from.

Comment

IIRC, it was ~£1650 with 15 available.
      Bob Turner
      Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

£1610. I actually had one of the last two in my basket, then thought better of it. ;)
        Please don't ask about my kit, it's embarrassing!

Comment

I think it was less than 10% discount which was pretty disappointing. They've had some brilliant offers on certain things - sorry if I built up anyone's hopes
          "War, children, it's just a shot away... Love, sister, it's just a kiss away". Mick Jagger & Keith Richards
          "I was in the band, ok. The girls were pretty interested, you know, with the guitar. They liked that.” Larry David

Comment

Originally posted by BT Bob View Post
            I think it was less than 10% discount which was pretty disappointing. They've had some brilliant offers on certain things - sorry if I built up anyone's hopes
            Well you say it's disappointing, but £1610 was the lowest non-grey import price for the lens, and beat camerapricebuster's lowest ever price, albeit by less than a fiver, so for those serious about the lens, it was a pretty good deal.

Comment

... and there's the £160 cash back as well.

Comment

Indeed so.

Comment

Fair point re the cashback. I just meant it was disappointing in relation to some of the other offers they've had - for example I got some GHD hair straighteners for SWMBO before Christmas at 60% off their previous price.

Comment

Clicky

Surprising and maybe cause for concern.
                    Cheers

Oggie

Please feel free to critique or rework my pictures unless I ask otherwise.

EOS 1D MkIV EOS 7D 100-400 L, 300 F4 L, 24-105 L, EFS 15-85 IS USM

Oh Lord won't you buy me a 300mm F2.8L (or at a push, a 200-400 F4).

Comment

Great post Oggie - thanks for sharing.

Definitely worth a read through that link and I for one will think VERY carefully about buying any high-value item via the Marketplace in future.

Comment

Thanks for the post, very interesting/alarming as BT Bob points out ant high value items may not be a good idea on marketplace.

Ray

Comment

As far as I know the lightning deals weren't market place they were real Amazon deals. I looked carefully at it, but an 8% discount just wasn't enough to warrant a £1,600 impulse purpose ;-)
                          Steve's kit - Canon 6D/EG-D/BG-E13/60D/EF-D/BG-E9/600 EX-RT/17-40L/24-105L/40/100L/70-200L/70-300/2x iii/Sigma 8-16/Yongnuo YN-568EX (x2)/YN560EX II/YN622C-TX/YN622C (x4)

Comment

Working...
                          X