300 f4 L is usm lens

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

300 f4 L is usm lens

I am considering buying a 300 f4 L is usm lens. From a company called simply electronics for the sum of£882.00
    Free delivery and a three year extended mack warranty.

Has anyone on the forum had dealings with this company. If so i would appreciate A heads up.

Thanks in advance

Terry

Re: 300 f4 L is usm lens

Terry, Suggest you Google.... Simply Electronics Reviews and make sure you are well seated before you start reading the reviews
    Comments range from "Nightmare avoid at all costs" to "Absolute joke at on-line purchasing"

I have used Digital-Rev and found them very good, only catch is they value all items from Hong Kong at £150 and the VAT man is right onto this. They are very good at keeping you informed and you can track your item from their dispatch through to arrival in the UK then delivery to you. My item was held in customs until I sent them an email, and spoke to them, explaining it was a birthday gift and then it was cleared. This is who told me about the "standard cost of £150" on items from DigitalRev.
    David

Comment

why not try mpb for a used one

Stan
      Stan - LRPS, CPAGB, BPE2*

http://neptuno-photography.foliopic.com/
      flickr

Comment

David, Stan.
        Thanks guys, I will steer well clear of them then.

Comment

I can recommend, and I'm sure that others will support me, Flash Camera.co.uk. Do a Google for 'Kerso'. A wee bit more expensive at £995 but with peace of mind built-in.
          Bob Turner
          Dundee, Scotland UK.

Comment

I bought my 300 f4 from Simply Electronics with no problems whatsoever.
            I normally by from and highly recommend Onestop Digital these days but even their prices seem to be rising but not by much.
            Prices are still generally lower and items delivered from Hong Kong in around 3 days
            They are charging £974 for this lens

Mike
            Last edited by SamFisher; 27-11-2013, 15:03.
            www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

I rarely use my 300 f4 but would love another 70-200.
              I'm forever looking out for a swap but to no avail.

I prefer to use my 100-400L and Sigma 150-500 as I like the versatility of a zoom and although the 300 f4 has a very slight improvement in IQ theres really not much in it.
              I had a 70-200 F4 non IS and it was one the sharpest lenses I've owned but hardly ever used it so it was sold on.
              Fast forward a couple of years and its a focal range that's missing from my line up.

Sorry to prattle on and hi-jack your thread TJM

Mike
              www.mstphoto.zenfolio.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/27554645@N05/

Comment

I bought my 24-105 lens from simply electronics and had to wait about a month for the lens.
                Communication was good from them but I was slightly worried about other comments on the internet.
                Great price for a great lens though so I am still happy.
                Chris
                Practice makes perfect

Canon EOS 7D,1100D, EF 400mm f5.6L USM, EF 24-105 1:4 L IS USM, 18-55 Kit lens,EF 50mm 1.8, EF 100mm f2 USM, Tamron AF70-300mm f4-5.6 Di LD Macro 1:2

Comment

I have just ordered one from panamoz for £835. Should be here early next week so by all means wait and see how I get on. Reviews of them are very good.
                  Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/leerigby/

Comment

No worries Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X